Hillbilly Hodown!
Saturday, July 28, 2007

Author: Catrina
Wine Selection: Cathedral Ridge Chardonnay
*wine tasting trip to Hood River in the Columbia River Gorge (apparently, it is "award-winning", but I've had $2 chardonnays that taste the same (if not better) as this one! :-) )

There never seems to be a dull moment in the Edgar household--especially when you have an extremely high-energy toddler on your hands! Since the day Wyatt was born, he has LOVED music. He spent his very early days dancing with his daddy to the tunes of Willie Nelson, Randy Travis, and George Strait. Even though he's never lived in Oklahoma, there is definitely a little bit of cowboy in our Wyatt.














With music comes dancing. Oh, how Wyatt loves to dance! Here are some pictures of our recent family hodown, in which the Dixie Chicks had Eric and Wyatt dancing their favorite dance: the two-step!

































































Wyatt LOVES to wear his daddy's cowboy hat, and has apparently learned a new trick which involves standing on his head with no hands. Oh, how proud we are of him!






1 Comments:
Blogger Starr had this to say:

I can't begin to tell you how jealous I am that you get to include phrases like "trip to Hood River in the Columbia River Gorge" in your blog! SOMEDAY, Lord willing, we WILL live somewhere beautiful!

July 28, 2007 at 8:07 AM 


Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page





 



DSC_0014

My Wine Personality:
For the most part I’m a chardonnay, as I consider myself to exhibit a somewhat sunny and mellow disposition (most of the time), but because I find a tremendous amount of joy out of showering my two kids with hugs and kisses, I also possess the subtle sweetness often found in a riesling. But don’t be fooled. I love a great outdoor adventure and am willing to try anything once. This occasional display of boldness is thought to match that of a cabernet, whereas my appreciation for nature suggests that I have an earthy component to my personality—very characteristic of a merlot. (more)

 



“Wine rejoices the heart of man and joy is the mother of all virtues.”
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, 1771