Growing Like Weeds!
Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Author: Catrina
Wine Selection: I wish! (Again...too early in the day!)

It seems like every day our little Wyatt turns into more and more of a big boy. He has been communicating really well by starting to speak in phrases. His favorite phrases this week are "Daddy doin'?" for "What is Daddy/Mommy/Sissy doing?", "Not funny?" when he KNOWS that he's doing something he shouldn't, and "bu-wer sa-wich" for when he wants his favorite peanut butter and jelly sandwich. He has also been very compliant this past week, which is VERY unlike him (knock on wood). He has been holding my hand when I ask him to do so, and he hasn't been throwing his convulsion-like tantrums when I tell him it's time to leave the park or his Gymboree class. He has also finally made the transition from the baby high chair to his big boy booster seat at the table. Here he is eating his first meal at the table and watching one of his favorite Backyardigans DVDs. Oh, and he is really into dipping his foods. He'll eat just about anything as long as he can dip it into something. It's really funny because when he wants to dip something, he'll say "dip, baby, dip". You know, after the 90's hip hop song?!?! Gosh, I'm such a bad influence!


Now if I can just get him potty trained then life will be grand!


So, Avery has just been a peach this week, as usual. She is really growing and making a lot of eye contact. She is such a little sweetheart and loves to be cuddled. She makes it very obvious that she loves her mommy, which makes me feel really good. With Wyatt, I never even felt that he preferred me over some random stranger until he was about 11 months old when the separation anxiety kicked in. But Avery always welcomes me with a ton of smiles when she sees me. I call her my little cuddle bug. She is still sleeping great at night, but is having trouble sleeping in her own bed for naps so we have to be a little creative in order to make sure she's well-rested during the day. Here are some pictures that were taken yesterday. It's hard to believe that she is 7 weeks old now.




*Click on the photo to enlarge






2 Comments:
Blogger Rachel had this to say:

Avery is such a little doll! Are you seriously tackling potty training with Wyatt already? You brave woman. Spencer is very interested in the potty but only to play with the lid or swish his toothbrush around in the water... I guess it goes without saying that we must keep several extras on hand.

August 14, 2007 at 10:08 PM 


Blogger Courtney had this to say:

Avery is so cute! I love the last picture of her smile!

August 16, 2007 at 4:36 PM 


Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page





 



DSC_0014

My Wine Personality:
For the most part I’m a chardonnay, as I consider myself to exhibit a somewhat sunny and mellow disposition (most of the time), but because I find a tremendous amount of joy out of showering my two kids with hugs and kisses, I also possess the subtle sweetness often found in a riesling. But don’t be fooled. I love a great outdoor adventure and am willing to try anything once. This occasional display of boldness is thought to match that of a cabernet, whereas my appreciation for nature suggests that I have an earthy component to my personality—very characteristic of a merlot. (more)

 



“Wine rejoices the heart of man and joy is the mother of all virtues.”
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, 1771