Flower Power!
Sunday, August 26, 2007

Author: Catrina
Wine Selection: Huntington Petite Sirah

From stylish baby leggings to socks that look like Mary Jane shoes, I have officially been sucked in to everything that is girlie!

Who woulda thunk it?

Never in a million years would I have thought I would have so much fun dressing my little girl. In fact, I was really nervous about having a girl because I never thought I would ever be able to get into pig tails and frilly dresses. Seriously, this is coming from a girl who's own wardrobe staples include a nice comfortable sports bra and a pair of running shoes! Therefore, the thought of just color coordinating outfits was daunting in and of itself. But miraculously, it has only taken me 2 months to become totally and utterly obsessed with cute outfits and all of the fun accessories.

My most recent obsession are these adorable flower headbands! The way a woman wears her hair can shed a lot of light into the type of person she is, which may be why women have taken great pains throughout the years to find the perfect hairstyle. So, what about those teeny, tiny little women that don't yet have hair? How can we provide an outlet for them to show a little bit of personality? Well, with HUGE freakin' flowers on their head, of course!!



We have been having so much fun with these headbands. When I was pregnant with Wyatt, I made a lot of on-line friends who were also pregnant and due at the same time. One mom who ended up having a little girl started making these headbands for her daughter when suddenly everyone was asking her to make them for their little girls. Having a boy, I was a little jealous that I couldn't partake in all of the fun, but I told myself I would keep her in mind if I ever had a little girl. So here we are-- and my friend Jess's work at home business is booming!!!

Just to prove how much fun it really is, Wyatt couldn't help but to join in the fun. His daddy isn't very excited about it, but what can you do? Wyatt loves playing with his little sister. I'm sure one day he'll end up helping her pick out little outfits for her barbies--that is, after baseball practice of course!






5 Comments:
Blogger Courtney had this to say:

Those are the cutest! If it's a girl I'm going to have to give your friend a call!

August 27, 2007 at 9:25 AM 


Blogger Brett had this to say:

You do realize that this picture of Wyatt will come back to haunt him? :) I can see it now: twenty-two years from now we'll all be sitting around at his wedding reception, and there will be the obligatory video playing in the background of pictures of the couple as they grow up...and BOOM, there it will be, Wyatt with a big fat flower on his head! That will be a funny, funny day.

August 27, 2007 at 12:57 PM 


Blogger Rachel had this to say:

Lookin' good, Wyatt!

August 27, 2007 at 4:02 PM 


Blogger Starr had this to say:

I think that has crossed over the line of what can be called a "headband"....that is really closer to the "hat" category! I love it! It makes me think of the little old ladies who dress up for church with their Sunday hats.

August 27, 2007 at 4:53 PM 


Blogger Grandma had this to say:

What can I say except, I wish I had thought of the idea!! Send all your suggestions to me and we'll see if we can patent them. Those are just gorgeous.

September 1, 2007 at 5:30 AM 


Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page





 



DSC_0014

My Wine Personality:
For the most part I’m a chardonnay, as I consider myself to exhibit a somewhat sunny and mellow disposition (most of the time), but because I find a tremendous amount of joy out of showering my two kids with hugs and kisses, I also possess the subtle sweetness often found in a riesling. But don’t be fooled. I love a great outdoor adventure and am willing to try anything once. This occasional display of boldness is thought to match that of a cabernet, whereas my appreciation for nature suggests that I have an earthy component to my personality—very characteristic of a merlot. (more)

 



“Wine rejoices the heart of man and joy is the mother of all virtues.”
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, 1771