Pushing the big 3-0!
Saturday, August 11, 2007

Author: Catrina
Wine Selection: Pine and Post Merlot

Not that turning 30 is really a big deal, but there just seems to be something about that age that makes you reflect upon your life and what you have accomplished--almost like a gauge of how successful you've been. For some, it can be quite depressing. For others, it provides reassurance that things are right on track. Thank God we still have one more year before we have to worry about it because I was starting to break out in hives in the 30 seconds it took to write the previous three sentences! Ugghh...we better get to work!!

So, we just celebrated Eric's 29th birthday on Wednesday. Generally, we don't do much for birthdays, but since Wyatt is absolutely obsessed with birthdays right now (he has one coming up next month) we decided to have some fun with it. Wyatt and I made Eric's favorite chocolate chip applesauce cake. I mixed all of the ingredients while Wyatt performed the most important of all tasks--licking the bowl!! It was a first for him, and the only response I received from him was, "NUMMY!!".

Wyatt certainly could not allow his daddy to go without a birthday hat, so we made one especially for him out of stapled cardstock (only the best for our Daddy!).


We couldn't have a party without fun party favors and candles, and as you can see, Wyatt had a grand time torturing his baby sister with a few blows to the forehead with the little plastic noise-maker thingy. Avery was a trooper and just humored him by just staring at him. I could tell that she was thinking, "Great! My big brother is quite the idiot, but I'll play along....FOR NOW!"



It's special times like these that really make life incredibly fulfilling. I have a wonderful husband and two beautiful, healthy children that bring so much joy and laughter to my life (most of the time! :-)). As long as I have these memories to reflect upon, then I have no doubt that I will consider my life at 30 to be most successful, regardless of what I may or may not have accomplished the many years of my life before children. In fact, I warmly welcome and look forward to another decade of belly-busting laughter, storytime cuddles, and kissing those little ow-ees!

Labels:






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page





 



DSC_0014

My Wine Personality:
For the most part I’m a chardonnay, as I consider myself to exhibit a somewhat sunny and mellow disposition (most of the time), but because I find a tremendous amount of joy out of showering my two kids with hugs and kisses, I also possess the subtle sweetness often found in a riesling. But don’t be fooled. I love a great outdoor adventure and am willing to try anything once. This occasional display of boldness is thought to match that of a cabernet, whereas my appreciation for nature suggests that I have an earthy component to my personality—very characteristic of a merlot. (more)

 



“Wine rejoices the heart of man and joy is the mother of all virtues.”
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, 1771