Celebrating 4 Years of Marital Bliss
Thursday, September 27, 2007

Author: Catrina
Wine Selection
: Sebeca Sauvignon Blanc

Yes…with Eric! I admit, he can be somewhat difficult to live with at times, and has a rather unique way of showing and communicating his affection for me in front of others. In fact, those of you who know Eric have probably experienced or witnessed first-hand an occasion in which he has had to remove his foot from his mouth. I mean, seriously, the poor guy thought he was giving me a compliment when we first started dating by telling me that I had beautiful thunder thighs! Don’t worry, I quickly corrected him. In an effort to redeem himself, he has since chosen much more flattering terms to compliment my legs, such as tree-trunks or dinosaur legs! Yep, I’m serious. Anyway--believe it or not--he does have a sensitive side (that only comes out when he feels it is absolutely necessary), and an adventurous personality that adds a great deal of excitement to our relationship. As a result, life for us is never boring or stale.

Generally, we don’t make a big deal about certain dates, such as birthdays or anniversaries. But since Eric’s parents were in town, we decided to take advantage of the complimentary babysitting and enjoy some time to ourselves. Since we both absolutely love the Columbia River Gorge, we decided to treat ourselves to a dinner cruise along the Columbia River aboard The Sternwheeler, an authentic triple-deck paddle wheeler. We had such an amazing time! I forgot how nice it can be to actually take our time and enjoy a meal together rather than stuffing our faces in 5 minutes to avoid meltdowns or random food disasters at the table. Of course, it goes without saying that the views were spectacular.

Now that you’re a bit familiar with Eric’s tendency to speak without thinking, I thought I’d share a bit of our dinner conversation. Entertainment just for you at his expense!

Me: “It’s crazy. I can’t believe it’s been 4 years already.”

Eric: “Really? It seems longer than that to me. In fact, I can’t really remember life without you.”

Me: “Is that a good thing?”

Eric: [with laughter] “I DON'T KNOW!”

AND this one….

Eric: [with confidence]“You know, I’m not very good at remembering birthdays or anniversaries, but trust me, I’ll NEVER forget September 21st or June 20th.”

Me: [with an awkward grin]“Oh yeah? September 21st is Wyatt’s birthday, but what is June 20th?

Eric: [very nervous] “Isn’t that when Avery was born?”

For the record, Avery was born on June 22nd!

Moral of the story: never say never

Yep! He’s a mess, but all of his little quirks make him very unique and quite loveable.

Happy Anniversary, Eric! Love you!

Labels:






3 Comments:
Blogger Courtney had this to say:

Kevin says "What was Eric's response to your Mitsubishi Eclipse?" and then something about a brownie being shoved in your face at a party?

We got your email about the $180 tickets. We can't exactly come now but would love to come to Oregon sometime to see you!

September 27, 2007 at 8:50 PM 


Blogger Starr had this to say:

Love it! I remember you as pretty laid back, so it sounds like you're a good match for Eric. At least he got the month of Avery's birth correct, right? :-)

September 30, 2007 at 6:39 PM 


Blogger Stephanie had this to say:

Hey, my nephew Cannon's birthday is June 22, 2007, also! I'm enjoying reading your blog!

April 3, 2009 at 5:12 PM 


Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page





 



DSC_0014

My Wine Personality:
For the most part I’m a chardonnay, as I consider myself to exhibit a somewhat sunny and mellow disposition (most of the time), but because I find a tremendous amount of joy out of showering my two kids with hugs and kisses, I also possess the subtle sweetness often found in a riesling. But don’t be fooled. I love a great outdoor adventure and am willing to try anything once. This occasional display of boldness is thought to match that of a cabernet, whereas my appreciation for nature suggests that I have an earthy component to my personality—very characteristic of a merlot. (more)

 



“Wine rejoices the heart of man and joy is the mother of all virtues.”
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, 1771