Wyatt's TWO-rrific Birthday Party!
Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Author: Catrina
Wine Selection: Nathanson Creek Cabernet Sauvignon


While it wasn't as creative as "The Very Hungry Caterpillar" cake I created for Wyatt's first birthday, I had so much fun decorating this Blues Clues cake, mostly because I knew how much Wyatt would love it--and love it he did!! From the moment we pulled it out of the oven, he was demanding a piece of his "bur-day cake". Since two-year olds have absolutely no concept of time, the poor guy had such a hard time understanding why he had to wait so long to eat it. It took me an entire day to bake and decorate the cake, and then Wyatt had to stare at it the entire next day until his party at 4PM. He was going absolutely bonkers!! I was very pleased at how it turned out, but I certainly could not have done it without the help of Eric's mom. She baked and decorated both of her boys' birthday cakes growing up, so she definitely had a lot of tips to share. Thanks, D'Anna!


Wyatt has been obsessed with birthdays since early in the summer, so we were able to play it up really well. We pretty much started celebrating his birthday a week early by letting him open a wrapped gift every day. By the time his birthday party at Gymbo's house (Gymboree) rolled around, he was pumped and ready to go! He was so excited to see all of his friends walk through the door that he immediately transitioned into show-off mode!


The kiddos (and adults) got to play for about an hour before it was time to sing Happy Birthday and eat cake (finally!).

I think a good time was had by all, and I am so appreciative of everyone who helped make our little boy's birthday so special!



I just cannot believe two years has come and gone. Our little baby boy seems to have turned into such a handsome little man overnight. I feel like he has grown more (physically and mentally) in the past few months than I ever would have expected. The way he has handled the birth of his baby sister has made me incredibly proud, and the way he has started sleeping better at night has made me incredibly relieved! I feel like I'm just starting to see the type of person he might become, and I'm just really looking forward to seeing what the next year will bring--hopefully it will include lots of peeing and pooping on the potty! Hehe! Can you tell that I'm sick of changing his diapers as he's standing up or running down the hall?

Thank you all for celebrating with us!

Anna, Isaac, Baby William, Sophie, Avery, Wyatt, Gymbo, Carina, Leo, Will, and Christoper,
and Grandma and Papa Edgar.

Not Pictured: Katherine, Joseph, Bennett, and Hannah


Labels:






1 Comments:
Blogger Starr had this to say:

Holy Cow, that cake is AWESOME! You could totally make and sell cakes for some extra cash. (If having two kids less than two years apart wasn't so darn time consuming!)

September 30, 2007 at 6:41 PM 


Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page





 



DSC_0014

My Wine Personality:
For the most part I’m a chardonnay, as I consider myself to exhibit a somewhat sunny and mellow disposition (most of the time), but because I find a tremendous amount of joy out of showering my two kids with hugs and kisses, I also possess the subtle sweetness often found in a riesling. But don’t be fooled. I love a great outdoor adventure and am willing to try anything once. This occasional display of boldness is thought to match that of a cabernet, whereas my appreciation for nature suggests that I have an earthy component to my personality—very characteristic of a merlot. (more)

 



“Wine rejoices the heart of man and joy is the mother of all virtues.”
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, 1771