Holding Down the Fort
Monday, October 29, 2007

Author: Catrina
Wine Selection: Twin Fin Cabernet Sauvignon

Since Wyatt is now somewhat old enough to sit still long enough to enjoy a movie, we thought it was a perfect time to start our Walt Disney movie collection. To make the introduction to such childhood classics much more fun, we decided to devote one night each week to watching a new Disney movie together as a family. We are calling this our "Friday Night Fort Flick" (say that three times fast!), where we construct an awesome fort in the living room (complete with a tunnel access), build a fire, and make some fresh popcorn. We've watched two flicks thus far--Bambi and Fox and the Hound--both of which Wyatt absolutely adored. The experience has proven to be far more exciting than I think even Eric or I anticipated. It seems as though everything revolves around movie night these days, and a great deal of thought goes into the movie selection for each week. We're having tons of fun, and it is a great family activity for the rainy winter months.






1 Comments:
Blogger Sweet Yet Sassy had this to say:

What an awesome idea! We usually just watch movies the boring way...on the couch. Ha! I may have to try this!

October 30, 2007 at 10:18 AM 


Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page





 



DSC_0014

My Wine Personality:
For the most part I’m a chardonnay, as I consider myself to exhibit a somewhat sunny and mellow disposition (most of the time), but because I find a tremendous amount of joy out of showering my two kids with hugs and kisses, I also possess the subtle sweetness often found in a riesling. But don’t be fooled. I love a great outdoor adventure and am willing to try anything once. This occasional display of boldness is thought to match that of a cabernet, whereas my appreciation for nature suggests that I have an earthy component to my personality—very characteristic of a merlot. (more)

 



“Wine rejoices the heart of man and joy is the mother of all virtues.”
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, 1771