Loving His Little Sister to Death
Sunday, October 7, 2007

Author: Catrina
Wine Selection: Louis M Martini Cabernet Sauvignon (usually not a fan of cabs, but this one is FABULOUS!)

Ants, roly polies, tiny frogs, and other various bugs and insects.

What do all of these things have in common? They have all (at one time or another) been "loved to death" by our very curious toddler. We'll occasionally stumble upon the poor remains on the floor after Wyatt has been exploring in the backyard, or we'll sadly witness their impending fate as Wyatt discovers a bug, picks it up with such vigor (vigor being the key word), and enthusiastically runs toward us to showcase his new pet, which is now dead. Now we're wondering...will he transfer this "love" for bugs and insects to his baby sister?

You be the judge!

Although I do have to occasionally intervene before he actually "loves" his sister to death, he is (for the most part) very gentle with her. It is very obvious that he just can't wait until she is old enough to play with him. He is constantly trying to share his toys with her, give her a high five, or get her to dance with him (almost dislocating her joints as he tries to pull her out of her bouncy seat).

Here he is sharing his records, which also (apparently) serve as hats. This picture was taken moments after he set the entire record player on her lap.






He also managed to share his blocks with her without causing any major bumps or bruises to her head. He hasn't quite learned that Avery is too little to play catch.























You can tell that he so desperately wants her to give him a high five. He's a pretty persistent little guy. I wouldn't be surprised if she has the skill mastered in a couple of weeks.


Finally, here he is trying to teach her some of his best moves (I like the tongue). He's quite the dancer, don't you think? He must get that from his mama! Hopefully he won't aspire to be a Solid Gold dancer like his mama though...his daddy would kill me!

As you can tell, he is all about showin' the love to his baby sister. I must admit, it can get incredibly annoying at times, as it feels like I have to literally peel him off of her every five minutes, but I'm hoping it will pay off as they get older. I want nothing more than for them to be the greatest of friends, sharing their life experiences with one another. She already adores her big brother and thinks he's pretty funny. We'll see how she feels in a few years when he's drawing mustaches on her barbies and baking mud pies in her easy-bake oven!






3 Comments:
Blogger Chris & Shelley had this to say:

I think that is so great that Wyatt loves Avery so much! It is too cute how he wants her to play with him and his toys. I wish just a LITTLE of that would rub off on Brayden...I think he would be happy if Sienna just went away so he could go back to getting all of the attention!

October 8, 2007 at 9:07 AM 


Blogger Rachel had this to say:

At least he wasn't trying to play catch WITH her - just trying to get her to catch the blocks (although that could be equally injurious). Spencer met his new cousin this weekend and when we let him "hold" her, he said "catch!" These little 2 yr olds have minds of their own, that's for sure.

October 8, 2007 at 5:27 PM 


Blogger Shelly and Jared had this to say:

I can't get over how funny that picture is of Wyatt hugging Avery. Avery's cute little face says it all. They are adorable Catrina!

October 19, 2007 at 9:45 PM 


Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page





 



DSC_0014

My Wine Personality:
For the most part I’m a chardonnay, as I consider myself to exhibit a somewhat sunny and mellow disposition (most of the time), but because I find a tremendous amount of joy out of showering my two kids with hugs and kisses, I also possess the subtle sweetness often found in a riesling. But don’t be fooled. I love a great outdoor adventure and am willing to try anything once. This occasional display of boldness is thought to match that of a cabernet, whereas my appreciation for nature suggests that I have an earthy component to my personality—very characteristic of a merlot. (more)

 



“Wine rejoices the heart of man and joy is the mother of all virtues.”
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, 1771