Skinny Bones Jones!
Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Avery is now 4 months old, and the time could not be going by any faster. Aside from growing like a weed, she is now starting to play with her toys. I think she prefers playing with her links over anything else--mostly because she can easily get them in her mouth. Ah, yes--the teething is in full force these days! But she also really likes to play with her little book that makes crackling noises, and LOVES to stare at my metallic silver coffee thermos and bright orange water jug. She is enamored with bright colors.

It is becoming more and more evident that our little Avery is going to be a bit on the shy and sensitive side. The poor thing often appears to be frightened by loud noises and the presence of strangers. It is obvious that she is most comfortable in the arms of her mommy. However, we have recently learned (thanks to Renee who recently babysat for us) that she will tolerate being held by others as long as she is facing away from the person. Apparently, as long as she doesn't have to look at the stranger holding her, then she is fine. Hmmm...quirky little girl, eh?

Even though she tends to be a little bit on the cautious side, she thinks her big brother is absolutely hilarious! We generally can't get her to laugh very often, but if Wyatt does a little dance for her and makes funny faces then she is quite the giggle box. Here he is giving his baby sister some love.


She went in for her well-child check up this morning, and she seems to be continuing her trend of being very long and skinny. She is starting to chunk up a little bit, as she now has a couple of chins, puffy cheeks, and meaty thighs. She did as well as could be expected with her immunizations, which apparently induce sleep because she is napping beautifully at the moment! :-)


Here are her 4-month stats:

Height: 25.5 inches (90th %)
Weight: 13 lbs 1 oz (40th %)
Head Circumference: 16 inches (40th %)

As a comparison, here are her 2-month stats:

Height: 23.5 inches (90th %)
Weight: 10 lbs 8 oz (45th %)
Head Circumference: 15.2 inches (50th %)






4 Comments:
Blogger Starr had this to say:

I adore those leggings! She's so cute.

October 24, 2007 at 8:59 PM 


Blogger Courtney had this to say:

I love the leggings too!! She is so precious. All the pictures of Wyatt with her are so sweet.

October 25, 2007 at 10:30 PM 


Blogger Rachel had this to say:

Completely and utterly adorable... I love that Wyatt dances and makes faces to get her to laugh!

What are Avery and Wyatt going to be for Halloween?

October 26, 2007 at 5:17 PM 


Blogger Sweet Yet Sassy had this to say:

Hey Girl. I hope you don't mind that I found your blog. Starr found me awhile back and I looked through her "laundry hamper" to see if I knew anyone! HA!

Your kids are so cute!!!

I don't get on myspace much anymore since they removed it from my work computer.

Take care. If it is okay with you, I will be back to read more. :)

~Cheri'

October 29, 2007 at 2:56 PM 


Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page





 



DSC_0014

My Wine Personality:
For the most part I’m a chardonnay, as I consider myself to exhibit a somewhat sunny and mellow disposition (most of the time), but because I find a tremendous amount of joy out of showering my two kids with hugs and kisses, I also possess the subtle sweetness often found in a riesling. But don’t be fooled. I love a great outdoor adventure and am willing to try anything once. This occasional display of boldness is thought to match that of a cabernet, whereas my appreciation for nature suggests that I have an earthy component to my personality—very characteristic of a merlot. (more)

 



“Wine rejoices the heart of man and joy is the mother of all virtues.”
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, 1771