Ya'll Come Back Now, Ya Hear?
Monday, October 29, 2007

Author: Catrina
Wine Selection: Mirassou Merlot

If you're from the south, this is a phrase that you hear quite frequently. While Oklahoma doesn't have a whole lot to offer in the way of breathtaking scenery or recreation, people often gravitate towards that part of the country in search of the amazing southern hospitality and strong sense of togetherness that can often be found there. Although I love living in the Pacific Northwest, I find myself longing, at times, to get back to the state that I will always call home. I miss the spectacular sunsets and the way the earth seems to stand still while you gaze across a quiet prairie. But most of all, I find myself missing my family--especially my nieces and nephew.

Little Hayden wasn't even three when we moved to Oregon, and now he is going to Kindergarten this year!! I feel like we've missed out on so much, as he's turned into such a little man! I'm no longer "Ti Ti", but simply "Aunt Catrina"--how boring!! Ha! He's now playing soccer, and I wish so badly that we could go to his games to cheer for him.






Then there is Little Miss Emily, also known as Emmie. She is a big three year old now, and has quite the personality, I'm told. Like her mama, it's either her way or the highway. I give her a few more years before she's got that household running just the way she wants it! :-) She also bears an uncanny resemblance to another curly-headed cutie. What do you think?

















And Keaten, who joined our family when she was only four, is now a full-fledged teenager. She has turned into such a beautiful young woman. It's hard to believe that she'll be behind the wheel of a car in a few years. Good grief. Where has the time gone?

I miss everyone so much, and I'm looking forward to being able to see them over the holidays. I know Wyatt is looking forward to having his big cousin, Hayden teach him how to kick the soccer ball around. See you all in about 8 weeks! Love ya!







1 Comments:
Blogger Carmen had this to say:

Hey!! I just LOVE all the pics of your happy family (and mine!) and look forward to reading each posting. I miss you guys so much and can't wait to see all of you over the upcoming holidays!! Love to all!! ~Carmen

October 30, 2007 at 3:54 PM 


Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page





 



DSC_0014

My Wine Personality:
For the most part I’m a chardonnay, as I consider myself to exhibit a somewhat sunny and mellow disposition (most of the time), but because I find a tremendous amount of joy out of showering my two kids with hugs and kisses, I also possess the subtle sweetness often found in a riesling. But don’t be fooled. I love a great outdoor adventure and am willing to try anything once. This occasional display of boldness is thought to match that of a cabernet, whereas my appreciation for nature suggests that I have an earthy component to my personality—very characteristic of a merlot. (more)

 



“Wine rejoices the heart of man and joy is the mother of all virtues.”
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, 1771