CHOO-CHOO Madness Has Begun!
Wednesday, November 21, 2007

We'd like you to meet Billy--the very first member of Wyatt's choo-choo family!


We weren't sure if Wyatt was ever really going to get in to the whole choo-choo thing, which is why we haven't started a collection for him. Some friends of mine with boys said that the madness usually starts at about age 2, and they were right on the money. Wyatt's brand new obsession hit us like a freight train (no pun intended) overnight. Suddenly, everything in sight is a "chugga chugga" or a "choo-choo". It's nice to see him using his imagination, but I feel kind of sorry for him sometimes when I see him using the back of the dining room chair as a train track.


He has also been setting up his blocks in straight lines and using those as tracks too.



Don't worry...we've already been talking with Santa, and Wyatt is on right on track (no pun intended...again!) for getting his first train set for Christmas. I tried to hold out until then, but during our Toys R Us outing this morning (which you can read about in my previous post), I had to break down and buy his first choo-choo. Not only did I want him to finally have one, but so did everyone else in the store. Once he caught a glimpse of the isle which should be renamed as "choo- choo heaven", he could shout nothing else at the top of his lungs until I finally placed one in his hands! Call me a sucker, but that's what I get for bringing him into Toys R Us with me!






1 Comments:
Blogger Rachel had this to say:

Spencer uses the windowsill... looks like Santa will be bringing a train set to our house as well!! Isn't it funny how they make these new discoveries? I often find myself thinking "what the... how does he know what a harp is?"

November 21, 2007 at 10:02 PM 


Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page





 



DSC_0014

My Wine Personality:
For the most part I’m a chardonnay, as I consider myself to exhibit a somewhat sunny and mellow disposition (most of the time), but because I find a tremendous amount of joy out of showering my two kids with hugs and kisses, I also possess the subtle sweetness often found in a riesling. But don’t be fooled. I love a great outdoor adventure and am willing to try anything once. This occasional display of boldness is thought to match that of a cabernet, whereas my appreciation for nature suggests that I have an earthy component to my personality—very characteristic of a merlot. (more)

 



“Wine rejoices the heart of man and joy is the mother of all virtues.”
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, 1771