Lessons Learned
Friday, November 16, 2007

Lesson #1: NEVER let your child take a toy that he is currently obsessed with into a grocery or department store. It will inevitably get lost.

Wyatt's latest obsession has been with Eric's camouflage flashlight. It goes everywhere with him--even to bed. We went to the grocery store yesterday just to pick up a few things for dinner, and to avoid a meltdown, I told Wyatt he could bring the flashlight in with him (I would normally just make him leave it in the car). Besides, we were just going to be a few minutes. Somehow the stinker managed to lose it. I wasn't about to retrace our steps from one end of the store to the other (who has the time?), so we cut our losses and went home. All I heard last night and this morning was "fashLIGHT!" over and over and over again. For some strange reason, my telling him that he left it at the grocery store meant nothing to him. So, while we were at Target this morning, I decided to buy a replacement flashlight.

Lesson #2: NEVER let your child see you place a toy in the shopping cart unless you are prepared to cut it out of the package and install the batteries on the spot. It will almost always result in a tantrum.

Let's just say it was a fun ride home!






1 Comments:
Blogger Rachel had this to say:

Holy toy meltdown, batman! Spencer has been throwing similar fits lately.... a LOT. Although his favorite thing to scream is "no, MINE!!" Most of the time, it has nothing to do with what's actually going on, like when I'm trying to change his diaper. These boys must be 2!

November 17, 2007 at 9:54 PM 


Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page





 



DSC_0014

My Wine Personality:
For the most part I’m a chardonnay, as I consider myself to exhibit a somewhat sunny and mellow disposition (most of the time), but because I find a tremendous amount of joy out of showering my two kids with hugs and kisses, I also possess the subtle sweetness often found in a riesling. But don’t be fooled. I love a great outdoor adventure and am willing to try anything once. This occasional display of boldness is thought to match that of a cabernet, whereas my appreciation for nature suggests that I have an earthy component to my personality—very characteristic of a merlot. (more)

 



“Wine rejoices the heart of man and joy is the mother of all virtues.”
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, 1771