O Christmas 'Treat', O Christmas 'Treat'!
Sunday, November 25, 2007

Each year we kick off the Christmas season by putting up the Christmas tree just after the Thanksgiving holiday. For the past three years, we've gone to the same tree farm, searched for the perfect Noble Fir, and watched as Eric cut it down like an old-fashioned lumberjack. This year was exceptionally fun since Wyatt is now capable of understanding and participating in all of the holiday festivities. He really embraced all of the Halloween activities, and has become quite the pro at spotting a piece of candy from a mile away. "Trick or Treat" is no longer a seasonal phrase, but a daily plea for the beloved Tootsie Pop or Hershey's Kiss. So, when we told Wyatt that we were going to cut down our Christmas tree, it was of no big surprise that he responded with very bright eyes, "Christmas treat?" You can't blame the guy for trying, I guess.

Here is the big stud hard at work:

Wyatt taking a break from playing in the mud to supervise:


Enjoying hot cocoa as a family with Frosty the Snowman:


Decorating the tree is my favorite part. Each of our ornaments has some type of significance, so it's fun to go through them one by one and relive the story behind it. It is such a perfect start to a very joyous season ahead. Cheers!






4 Comments:
Blogger Brett had this to say:

I can't wait until you all are home! We have a choo-choo train with Santa in it lit up big and bright on our front lawn that I bet Wyatt will love.

November 25, 2007 at 9:28 PM 


Blogger Sweet Yet Sassy had this to say:

Oh yea! I love putting up the tree as well. We are still in the process though. We usually put it up every year on my birthday
(Dec 1) but L'il C will be at her dad's that weekend so we started it a weekend early.

Our ornaments are all significant as well. I love them!

November 26, 2007 at 11:53 AM 


Blogger Sweet Yet Sassy had this to say:

So L'il C was singing O Christmas Tree last night. In the middle of her verse I hear her say, "rabbit hearts and bunny bones"! Uhm.... Sweetheart I don't think that is the words.

I think I will blog about that! LOL!

November 27, 2007 at 9:46 AM 


Blogger Starr had this to say:

You have been coming up with the cutest blog titles. "O Christmas Treat". Love it!

November 28, 2007 at 9:15 PM 


Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page





 



DSC_0014

My Wine Personality:
For the most part I’m a chardonnay, as I consider myself to exhibit a somewhat sunny and mellow disposition (most of the time), but because I find a tremendous amount of joy out of showering my two kids with hugs and kisses, I also possess the subtle sweetness often found in a riesling. But don’t be fooled. I love a great outdoor adventure and am willing to try anything once. This occasional display of boldness is thought to match that of a cabernet, whereas my appreciation for nature suggests that I have an earthy component to my personality—very characteristic of a merlot. (more)

 



“Wine rejoices the heart of man and joy is the mother of all virtues.”
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, 1771