Our baby girl is 5 months old!
Friday, November 23, 2007

What a crazy month it has been! It appears as though our "Skinny Bones Jones" is quickly assuming the new title of "Chunky Monkey". She has been on a feeding frenzy the past few weeks and is quickly outgrowing all of the clothes I thought she'd be wearing for at least 2 more months! Even more perplexing is how her neck has all but disappeared. Ha!

Fortunately for me, she still loves to cuddle. Unfortunately for me, her stranger anxiety seems to be worsening. While she would previously be content in someone else's arms for at least a couple of minutes, she now lets out her terrified cry on the "pass off". She seems to be warming up to Eric a little better, which makes both of us happy, but she seems to be a little fickle about it.





In this photo, she appears to be content in the arms of her daddy.


Of course, that picture was taken just moments before crying out in terror, as seen in the following snapshot, in which she was being held by someone else.


It's no big surprise that Big Brother still wins the award for being most adored by her. She loves him to pieces!



As for milestones, she still has never rolled over, but seeing as how Wyatt maybe rolled a couple of times when he was a baby, I'm not too concerned. She has recently discovered that she is in total control of her hands and feet. I often catch her just staring at her hands in amazement as she moves them across her face. Her core muscles are getting so strong, so I imagine that she will probably be sitting by herself within the next month. She's teething like crazy, and I'm expecting to see two bottom teeth peek through her gums any day now.






2 Comments:
Blogger Rachel had this to say:

5 months old already??? Where did the time go. She is such a beautiful baby!

November 23, 2007 at 4:18 PM 


Blogger Jai Awatramani had this to say:

What a beautifu lovely baby..
What a lovely family..
Jai A
jai.awatramani@gmail.com

November 25, 2007 at 11:29 AM 


Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page





 



DSC_0014

My Wine Personality:
For the most part I’m a chardonnay, as I consider myself to exhibit a somewhat sunny and mellow disposition (most of the time), but because I find a tremendous amount of joy out of showering my two kids with hugs and kisses, I also possess the subtle sweetness often found in a riesling. But don’t be fooled. I love a great outdoor adventure and am willing to try anything once. This occasional display of boldness is thought to match that of a cabernet, whereas my appreciation for nature suggests that I have an earthy component to my personality—very characteristic of a merlot. (more)

 



“Wine rejoices the heart of man and joy is the mother of all virtues.”
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, 1771