SPIT Happens!
Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Without fail, just seconds after dressing Avery in a super cute little outfit for the day, she spits up all over it. This seriously seems to occur EVERY single time I put a new outfit on her. Like this morning, I fed her and waited until the last possible minute to change her clothes. She had not spit up one single time during the morning, despite all of my best efforts to burp her, roll her around on the floor, etc. Not that I want her to spit up--it's just an inevitable part of our day! It would just be nice to get it out of her system so that I can somewhat keep my laundry pile under control. Ha! Like that will EVER happen! Anyway, I proceeded to change her out of her jammies, and the second (literally) that I picked her up, we were both drenched. Sigh!!!

Maybe there is something about being clean and smelling nice that makes babies uncomfortable. Hmm...

It's impossible to get frustrated with the little cutie though--it just gives me an excuse to put her in yet another adorable outfit and post a picture on our blog. Lord knows I love our little cuddle bug, but I sure can't wait until the days of spit-up are well behind us!






2 Comments:
Blogger Starr had this to say:

I always felt like I should have carried an extra outfit for ME in the diaper bag as well! I would change the kid after he/she spit up, so they would be nice and clean and I would still smell like spoiled milk. :-)

November 21, 2007 at 10:04 PM 


Blogger Rachel had this to say:

I'm pretty sure it's a very highly sensitive baby radar they possess, finely tuned to recognize (and abhor) the "new clothes" and "clean clothes" smell. I remember one time we were out visiting friends and when I picked Spencer up to burp him, I said "please don't barf on mommy". I kid you not, half a second later we were both soaked. That's when I learned to pack an extra shirt for myself!!

November 21, 2007 at 10:08 PM 


Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page





 



DSC_0014

My Wine Personality:
For the most part I’m a chardonnay, as I consider myself to exhibit a somewhat sunny and mellow disposition (most of the time), but because I find a tremendous amount of joy out of showering my two kids with hugs and kisses, I also possess the subtle sweetness often found in a riesling. But don’t be fooled. I love a great outdoor adventure and am willing to try anything once. This occasional display of boldness is thought to match that of a cabernet, whereas my appreciation for nature suggests that I have an earthy component to my personality—very characteristic of a merlot. (more)

 



“Wine rejoices the heart of man and joy is the mother of all virtues.”
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, 1771