We made it out alive....
Wednesday, November 21, 2007

...of Toys R Us, that is!

Just a little background...I despise shopping--which makes it very difficult for me around the holidays. Don't get me wrong, I love to buy gifts for my loved ones--it's just the process that I loathe. These days, if I can't buy it online then I don't buy it. But since the big giraffe (whose name escapes me at the moment) charges an arm and leg for shipping, I had to actually step foot inside the store. With two small children, time efficiency is of the utmost importance. Therefore, traffic jams, crowds, and long lines just can't be tolerated at this stage in my life. There's just nothing that makes my blood boil more than to stand in line for a greater amount of time than it actually took to do all of my shopping (another reason I steer clear of any sign that says Wal-Mart).



It actually wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be, mostly because I beat the post-Thanksgiving Day rush (Hallelujah!). But just as I suspected, one of my items (imagine that) could not be found on the shelf--only online. Grrr.....

So, it looks like I'm going to have to pay the shipping for the one item, but unfortunately for the big giraffe, I'm giving up the big $$ to someone else. I know I sound like a big scrooge, but I'm not going to go through the hassle of doing what I dread most PLUS pay the shipping that I wanted to avoid in the first place. That doesn't sound irrational, does it?

Did I mention that I LOVE the holidays? I really do. I just wish I could avoid the shopping part. Besides, isn't Christmas about spending time with your loved ones... which I am SO excited to do this year, by the way. It seems like forever since I've seen my family. This is my absolute favorite time of year (minus the shopping...but you already knew that)!!!

Ahhh....Geoffery is his name! That was going to drive me crazy.






1 Comments:
Blogger Courtney had this to say:

is it the super tall giraffe they have? I think that is the same one I am trying to get for the baby's nursery :)

November 22, 2007 at 10:19 PM 


Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page





 



DSC_0014

My Wine Personality:
For the most part I’m a chardonnay, as I consider myself to exhibit a somewhat sunny and mellow disposition (most of the time), but because I find a tremendous amount of joy out of showering my two kids with hugs and kisses, I also possess the subtle sweetness often found in a riesling. But don’t be fooled. I love a great outdoor adventure and am willing to try anything once. This occasional display of boldness is thought to match that of a cabernet, whereas my appreciation for nature suggests that I have an earthy component to my personality—very characteristic of a merlot. (more)

 



“Wine rejoices the heart of man and joy is the mother of all virtues.”
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, 1771