Christmas Ship Parade
Sunday, December 9, 2007

Author: Catrina
Wine Selection: Forest Glen Merlot


The Willamette River runs north/south through Portland and has contributed to some of the most picturesque views of the city, along with the many historic bridges. Since the river flows directly through the city, it often serves as the perfect stage for entertaining the public. We had always heard of Portland's Christmas Ship Parade, but had not actually had the opportunity to experience the unique holiday event until this year.


Approximately 55-60 boats participate as part of the fleet that ornately decorate their vessel with Christmas lights. It was such a neat experience. Not only did we get to see a lot of fun and creative lighting designs on the ships, but many of the floating houses on the river were also brightly decorated (making it almost look like a scene right out of Sleepless in Seattle).

Wyatt was very entertained--cold, but entertained.


Avery was just plain cold and tired. She didn't give a hoot as to what ships had what design.


We are so glad that we were able to experience one of Portland's most cherished holiday traditions. There are still more fun times to be had, so stay tuned!






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page





 



DSC_0014

My Wine Personality:
For the most part I’m a chardonnay, as I consider myself to exhibit a somewhat sunny and mellow disposition (most of the time), but because I find a tremendous amount of joy out of showering my two kids with hugs and kisses, I also possess the subtle sweetness often found in a riesling. But don’t be fooled. I love a great outdoor adventure and am willing to try anything once. This occasional display of boldness is thought to match that of a cabernet, whereas my appreciation for nature suggests that I have an earthy component to my personality—very characteristic of a merlot. (more)

 



“Wine rejoices the heart of man and joy is the mother of all virtues.”
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, 1771