Home for the Holidays
Sunday, December 30, 2007

Author: Catrina
Wine Selection: Seeing as how wine in Oklahoma is only sold in liquor stores that are closed on Sunday, an old fashioned Budweiser will have to do (and I don't even like beer)!

Talk about a crazy week. Despite the 3AM wake-up call and rush to the airport to catch a 6AM flight (with two kids in tow), we managed to make it to Oklahoma with at least a few hairs still left on our heads. Lucky for us, Wyatt and Avery also walked away with some great "souvenirs" from the airplane which later manifested into high fevers, runny noses, and hacking coughs. I'm sure everyone was REALLY excited to see us! Needless to say, we're sick and tired and still have 8 more days of "vacation" left. Let me tell ya, there's nothing like being home for the holidays!

In all honesty, the kiddos are feeling much better and we have really been enjoying our time here. In fact, I've been compiling a list from conversations Eric and I have had during the past week of reasons why it is good to be home for the holidays, and just thought I'd share.

In Tulsa:

It's dry and sunny. Well, if you don't include the GINORMOUS ice storm that recently left the city looking like a war zone. But we are enjoying the nice break from the rainy weather of the Pacific Northwest. Wyatt even managed to get in a little play time in the leaves on Christmas Eve.


There is no traffic. It's nice to drive in a city in which rush hour lasts for only an hour. You can also get from point A to B without automatically building in an extra 30 minutes for jack-knifed or overturned semi trucks blocking the entire interstate.

We get to watch others love our kids like we do. There is nothing more precious than that!



There are free babysitters at our disposal. I can't express just how refreshing it is to go out on a date with my husband and not even think twice about the kind of care the kids are receiving. Eric and I got to actually take our time and enjoy a nice dinner with drinks and conversation (imagine that) as well as a movie. What a treat!!!

Santa brings really cool train sets to Grandma and Papa's house. Wyatt is now the proud owner of his very first train set. I'm afraid this is just the beginning of his obsession for Thomas and Friends, as I'm doubtful that he will be completely satisfied until the entire island of Sodor has been constructed in our living room.



We get to sneak candy from the Gingerbread Train. Wyatt thought he was being sneaky, but the chewed pieces of bubblegum that he spit back out onto the train were a dead giveaway!






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page





 



DSC_0014

My Wine Personality:
For the most part I’m a chardonnay, as I consider myself to exhibit a somewhat sunny and mellow disposition (most of the time), but because I find a tremendous amount of joy out of showering my two kids with hugs and kisses, I also possess the subtle sweetness often found in a riesling. But don’t be fooled. I love a great outdoor adventure and am willing to try anything once. This occasional display of boldness is thought to match that of a cabernet, whereas my appreciation for nature suggests that I have an earthy component to my personality—very characteristic of a merlot. (more)

 



“Wine rejoices the heart of man and joy is the mother of all virtues.”
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, 1771