Miracle on 53rd Street
Monday, December 3, 2007

Author: Catrina
Wine Selection: Going with my favorite cup of Joe this morning!

'Tis the season for miracles, and we are fortunate to have already had one at our house!

Anyone who knows us well (or at least tunes in to read our blog), is all too familiar with the chronic sleep struggles we've had with our precious Wyatt. For those who have been fortunate enough not to have endured my ramblings on the subject for the past two years, I'll spare you the gory details of the nightmare we've been living, and just sum up in a couple of pictures just how creative we had to be in order to get this little guy to shut his eyes for a nanosecond when he was a baby.













If you ask me, a nice cozy bed would be much more comfortable!!

After taking the advice of countless sleep "experts" and seeing no results, at some point between 18 months and 2 years, we finally realized that we couldn't force him to sleep and just accepted the fact that we would never again experience the luxury of a full night's sleep. Recently, however, he's been showing little signs that he might just be ready for another round of sleep interventions. So, we've been working with him in an effort to get him to actually fall asleep without someone lying down with him. At this point, he is successfully falling asleep on his own (well, with a few gentle reminders to lay his head down and shut his eyes). He has responded so well up to this point that I feel like it's just a matter of time that we'll be able to tuck him in and actually leave the room!

Can you believe, as awesome as this news is all by itself, that there is MORE to this miracle?!?!

Last night, for the first time in his life, he slept in his own bed in his own room without waking up one single time!!!! Hallelujah! This truly IS a miracle! He just woke up, walked into the living room (choo-choo in hand)--not even realizing the magnitude of what had just occurred. I've been showering him with praise all morning!! There truly is a light at the end of the tunnel.






4 Comments:
Blogger Starr had this to say:

WOW. I can't believe that was the FIRST time he has gifted you with an entire night of sleep. How are you even sane? Let alone of right mind to pen such a delightful blog. :-) I hope this trend keeps up!!! What a great Christmas present to mom and dad!

December 3, 2007 at 2:10 PM 


Blogger Rachel had this to say:

Hurray!!!! That is definitely a Christmas miracle. I honestly don't know how you've survived this long without a full night's sleep. I'm cranky if Spencer gets up before 7! Here's to many, MANY more sleep-filled nights!! Way to go, Wyatt!

December 3, 2007 at 10:41 PM 


Blogger Courtney had this to say:

I hope you are blessed with many more nights like this! I think my biggest adjustment is going to be my sleep!

December 4, 2007 at 10:45 AM 


Blogger Sweet Yet Sassy had this to say:

I've got it! The wine was to help you sleep every night! But now that you actually got a good night's sleep....you started this post with a cup of Joe?! HA!

I am so happy for you. You did have some pretty creative ways of doing that. The hike must have been fun though! :)

Although L'il C has slept all night long since she was 6 weeks old there is not a night that goes by even now that she will go to sleep without me stopping to "Snuggle Bunny" with her virtually until she goes to sleep. :( Luckily, I have been a single mom and this hasn't been a problem. Most nights I fall asleep next to her. (I wonder if my future husband is gonna mind sleeping by himself?? LOL!)

Wow! Okay, I am sorry. This isn't a post about me. I didn't mean to go on and on.

December 5, 2007 at 4:27 PM 


Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page





 



DSC_0014

My Wine Personality:
For the most part I’m a chardonnay, as I consider myself to exhibit a somewhat sunny and mellow disposition (most of the time), but because I find a tremendous amount of joy out of showering my two kids with hugs and kisses, I also possess the subtle sweetness often found in a riesling. But don’t be fooled. I love a great outdoor adventure and am willing to try anything once. This occasional display of boldness is thought to match that of a cabernet, whereas my appreciation for nature suggests that I have an earthy component to my personality—very characteristic of a merlot. (more)

 



“Wine rejoices the heart of man and joy is the mother of all virtues.”
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, 1771