The Polar Express
Monday, December 10, 2007

Author: Catrina
Wine Selection: Forest Glen Merlot

Each year, Mt. Hood Railroad brings The Polar Express to life as trains depart the Hood River depot filled with lots of excited families for a memorable journey to the North Pole. We have been looking forward to this event for quite some time, as tickets are sold out at least a couple of months in advance. We got to share in the joy of the event with our friends, Shelley and Chris, along with their two kids, Brayden and Sienna.

All of the kiddos were sporting their favorite pajamas as they enjoyed cookies, hot chocolate, caroling, and a personal visit from Santa Claus. Each child also received a silver bell right off of Santa's sleigh!

All of the kids on our train had such a blast. Wyatt even made friends with a couple of older kids behind him, and they entertained one another for quite some time playing peek-a-boo!

Since there were too many pictures to post on the blog, I decided to put them together as a slide show to the tune of Tom Hanks' "Hot Chocolate" from the Polar Express soundtrack. It's 2 min and 30 sec long. Enjoy!

video






2 Comments:
Blogger Starr had this to say:

How FUN! I love the getting rowdy picture.

December 11, 2007 at 8:13 AM 


Blogger Rachel had this to say:

TOO cute! There is something utterly magical about little boys and trains. I love the pic where Wyatt and Avery are checking out Santa's bling bling ring.

December 11, 2007 at 4:54 PM 


Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page





 



DSC_0014

My Wine Personality:
For the most part I’m a chardonnay, as I consider myself to exhibit a somewhat sunny and mellow disposition (most of the time), but because I find a tremendous amount of joy out of showering my two kids with hugs and kisses, I also possess the subtle sweetness often found in a riesling. But don’t be fooled. I love a great outdoor adventure and am willing to try anything once. This occasional display of boldness is thought to match that of a cabernet, whereas my appreciation for nature suggests that I have an earthy component to my personality—very characteristic of a merlot. (more)

 



“Wine rejoices the heart of man and joy is the mother of all virtues.”
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, 1771