Stunned by Santa
Saturday, December 8, 2007

Author: Catrina
Wine Selection: Forest Glen Merlot

You wouldn't believe who just so happened to be at the mall today while we were shopping--Santa Claus! It was such a fortuitous coincidence that we would be at the same place at the same time considering that the jolly old man is so busy these days making his list and checking it twice! Even more exciting is that he took a few moments out of his busy schedule to give some very lucky kids (including Wyatt) one last opportunity to sit on his knee and share their Christmas wish lists.

We tried to prepare Wyatt for what to expect.

Mom and Dad: "So, when Santa asks you what you want for Christmas, what are you going to tell him?"

Wyatt: "Choo-choo trains!", he exclaimed.

We stood in line for a little while, which is not much fun with a two-year old that has absolutely no concept of patience. But I must say, watching the expression on Wyatt's face when he finally got his first glimpse of Santa made it entirely worth the wait. I'm embarrassed to admit that I actually got teary-eyed as I witnessed my little boy gaze in amazement as the magical figure he had only seen on TV had actually come to life. Of course, Eric just rolled his eyes at me and shook his head. I know, I'm such a nerd.

Wyatt couldn't take his eyes off of Santa from the moment he first laid eyes on him. When Santa reached his arms out to him, Eric and I were quite surprised that Wyatt willingly went to him (as last year was a total disaster)! But when he was finally on Santa's lap, it's as if he went completely numb. He just stared ahead and responded to no one--not even Santa. He did finally give Santa a high-five as he walked away, but for the most part, I think it was obvious that he just couldn't really believe what was happening!

Here is yet another priceless photograph with Santa:






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page





 



DSC_0014

My Wine Personality:
For the most part I’m a chardonnay, as I consider myself to exhibit a somewhat sunny and mellow disposition (most of the time), but because I find a tremendous amount of joy out of showering my two kids with hugs and kisses, I also possess the subtle sweetness often found in a riesling. But don’t be fooled. I love a great outdoor adventure and am willing to try anything once. This occasional display of boldness is thought to match that of a cabernet, whereas my appreciation for nature suggests that I have an earthy component to my personality—very characteristic of a merlot. (more)

 



“Wine rejoices the heart of man and joy is the mother of all virtues.”
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, 1771