Taking It Easy
Friday, December 14, 2007

Author: Catrina
Wine Selection: Liberty School Cabernet

Usually our days are jam-packed with running errands and meeting other mommies for play dates. I love to be busy, as I'm accustomed to living a fast-paced life. But there is something about the holidays that makes me slow down and take a deep breath. Christmas-time for me is all about reflecting upon those reasons for which I am thankful (click here to read my list), and setting aside time to rejoice in the greatness that the Lord has bestowed upon me, my family, and my friends. This is the most magical and uplifting time of the year, so I plan on taking full advantage of the down-time before we head full force into a new year with new obligations.

For the past couple of weeks, we've been taking it easy. We've watched (upon Wyatt's request) Polar Express about 20 times, my house has been much cleaner than usual, the laundry is done, and I've managed to cook a meal on most days. I would LOVE to maintain this type of order in my life and household, but unfortunately, Wyatt would go completely stir-crazy in the house and end up spending most of his days flopping around on the floor in complete boredom, therefore, I would also go completely insane.

While spending some good quality family time together, I was able to snap a few cute pictures of the number one reason for which I am thankful--my kiddos.

We broke out the Jumperoo for Avery this week, and she LOVES it!!! Although, I don't think she could ever love it as much as her big brother did, seeing as how he broke the frame on it for jumping so wildly! It didn't take Avery long to get the hang of it. She thinks she's pretty big stuff now!


Today we also gave new meaning to the phrase, "shape up or ship out". Wyatt was, oh so close, to being shipped out to Grandma and Papa's house a week early--not really--but it made for a cute picture. Although I'm sure Grandma and Papa wouldn't mind if this package showed up on their doorstep.



I have also discovered a good way to get him to smile for a picture. He gets so "tickled" when I threaten to get him with my "ticklers" (fingers). He immediately smiles and shrieks in anticipation.

I've also been able to spend more time gazing into my baby girl's big blue eyes. She is usually (bless her heart) being toted around in some type of carrier to some playgroup or activity for her big brother. She is so easy-going and never complains. She is truly a sweetheart.



We are really looking forward to spending the holidays with our family in Oklahoma. Most of my relatives haven't even met Avery yet, and Wyatt has grown so much since they've seen him that they'll be incredibly surprised when he greets them with a firm "TACKLE!". Seriously, the boy knows how to rough-house. But he's also a pro at giving hugs and kisses. I can't believe this will be his third Christmas.






2 Comments:
Blogger Rachel had this to say:

CUTE scrapbook pages!!! I need to take lessons from you for sure! Spencer has also come close to being shipped off to grandma's house. If only I had a box and some packing peanuts...hmmm.... :)

December 14, 2007 at 6:22 PM 


Blogger Sweet Yet Sassy had this to say:

Awww! I loved sitting in boxes! They are most fun.

And I really like those winter pictures of the kiddos.

December 18, 2007 at 2:14 PM 


Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page





 



DSC_0014

My Wine Personality:
For the most part I’m a chardonnay, as I consider myself to exhibit a somewhat sunny and mellow disposition (most of the time), but because I find a tremendous amount of joy out of showering my two kids with hugs and kisses, I also possess the subtle sweetness often found in a riesling. But don’t be fooled. I love a great outdoor adventure and am willing to try anything once. This occasional display of boldness is thought to match that of a cabernet, whereas my appreciation for nature suggests that I have an earthy component to my personality—very characteristic of a merlot. (more)

 



“Wine rejoices the heart of man and joy is the mother of all virtues.”
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, 1771