90 Minutes....
Monday, January 28, 2008

Wine Selection: Fetzer Merlot--may now be one of my most favorite wines.








...of Catrina time
...of peace and quiet
...of total relaxation
...of complete mental cleansing
...of daydreaming
...of pure HEAVEN!

I had the amazing fortune of experiencing all of these things in a single 90-minute period this morning as I treated myself to a massage after accomplishing phase 1 of my post-baby weight loss goal--50 lbs GONE forever! If I get to experience such bliss after reaching every weight loss goal, then I'm more motivated than ever to rid myself of the last 30 pounds. If you made it through 2nd grade math, you can deduce that pregnancy has not been very kind to me! :-)

You never really realize how tense you are until you actually experience what it feels like to have all of the tension and knots in your neck and shoulders released all at once. At one point, the massage therapist strongly encouraged me to perform a lot of neck stretches since my muscles were very "ropey". I'm not sure what that means exactly, but I definitely didn't like the sound of it. I'm telling you, there are only a few things in this world better than a professional massage. I mean, husbands do an okay job--if you consider intermittent foot strokes during commercials a MASSAGE! Seriously, if cats dig it, then it must be good!






2 Comments:
Blogger Chris & Shelley had this to say:

Ummmm...can I come next time??? I cannot even imagine how wonderful those 90 minutes must have been!!!

January 28, 2008 at 8:44 AM 


Blogger Rachel had this to say:

Congrats on the weight loss - you ROCK!!! That's a huge accomplishment. I wish I were as dedicated as you are!

January 28, 2008 at 12:23 PM 


Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page





 



DSC_0014

My Wine Personality:
For the most part I’m a chardonnay, as I consider myself to exhibit a somewhat sunny and mellow disposition (most of the time), but because I find a tremendous amount of joy out of showering my two kids with hugs and kisses, I also possess the subtle sweetness often found in a riesling. But don’t be fooled. I love a great outdoor adventure and am willing to try anything once. This occasional display of boldness is thought to match that of a cabernet, whereas my appreciation for nature suggests that I have an earthy component to my personality—very characteristic of a merlot. (more)

 



“Wine rejoices the heart of man and joy is the mother of all virtues.”
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, 1771