New Year, New Look
Sunday, January 13, 2008

Wine Selection:
The transition from one year to the next seems to automatically facilitate change. In my mind, I think of it as an opportune time to de-clutter my life--to sort through and rid myself of physical or mental baggage keeping me from experiencing the kind of peace and happiness for which we all deserve. While I don't necessarily believe in making New Year's Resolutions, I do feel that it is healthy to periodically examine various aspects of my life and make improvements when necessary. So, as I have been hard at work detail-cleaning my house, car, and organizing stacks of loose papers, I have also come to the realization that as much as my hard-working husband would probably love to sit down and create a blog entry, I just don't see it happening.

As I'm sure many of you have noticed, in the six months since we started this blog, Eric has neglected to write a single post (sigh). I'm sure that his random bouts of seven-day work-weeks haven't helped, but I have a sneaking suspicion it has more to do with his very recent admission that his wife (that's me :-)) is actually better at it [blogging] than he is. For those of you who know him, you understand how painful it must have been for him to actually force those words from his lips!!! Ha! At any rate, I concluded that MY blog needed a bit of refreshing.

It's definitely a work in progress. As is usually the case, the type of layout I envisioned for my blog does not seem to exist which means I have to create one--and so to quote my son's favorite tank engine [Thomas], "OH, BOTHER!" The idea of taking on really big computer-type projects like this scares me, which means I need to work on it in phases. Hopefully phase two will be underway shortly, but I wouldn't hold your breath!






3 Comments:
Blogger Starr had this to say:

Love the changes so far! Looks great. My blog appearance is kinda blah...but I have not worked up the courage to try and improve it! Maybe someday.

January 13, 2008 at 7:56 AM 


Blogger Sweet Yet Sassy had this to say:

Oh but how refreshing it looks! I love it! You have any good vineyards up in Oregon?? I love winery tours.

January 14, 2008 at 3:16 PM 


Blogger Sweet Yet Sassy had this to say:

Commenting on an older blog so it won't show up on the recent one and since I didn't have your email address.....

Last night one of the girls in our youth group was quoting Romeo and Juliet. I am not sure why I remember this but it made me think back to when we were in Mrs. Thurmond's class in the 9th grade. I read the part of Juliet and you were Romeo! :) It made me laugh!

January 23, 2008 at 1:54 PM 


Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page





 



DSC_0014

My Wine Personality:
For the most part I’m a chardonnay, as I consider myself to exhibit a somewhat sunny and mellow disposition (most of the time), but because I find a tremendous amount of joy out of showering my two kids with hugs and kisses, I also possess the subtle sweetness often found in a riesling. But don’t be fooled. I love a great outdoor adventure and am willing to try anything once. This occasional display of boldness is thought to match that of a cabernet, whereas my appreciation for nature suggests that I have an earthy component to my personality—very characteristic of a merlot. (more)

 



“Wine rejoices the heart of man and joy is the mother of all virtues.”
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, 1771