Not So Nuts About Butternut Squash
Monday, January 7, 2008

~The picture says it all~


I can't believe we were actually successful in our attempt to keep Avery from trying her first solid food until our trip back home so that the grandparents would have the opportunity to experience such a fun first. It was certainly no easy task, as you've never seen a baby with such lightening-bolt reflexes when any spoonful of yummy goodness came near her. So, when finally presented with her own spoonful of Mommy's favorite winter squash, you'd think she would welcome it with a wide-open mouth, right? NOT SO MUCH! She was so cautious as to taste just a teensy bit that we placed on her very pursed lips. She was, however, very intrigued with the spoon. Maybe that's what she wanted all along! :-)


I guess we'll move on to bigger and better things, like peas and carrots. Mmmm...






1 Comments:
Blogger Sweet Yet Sassy had this to say:

How cute! For a minute there it looked like she sneezed it out. I DID do that! HA! ...all over my dad.

It is too bad she doesn't like that squash! :(

Great pictures though!! :)

January 9, 2008 at 10:15 AM 


Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page





 



DSC_0014

My Wine Personality:
For the most part I’m a chardonnay, as I consider myself to exhibit a somewhat sunny and mellow disposition (most of the time), but because I find a tremendous amount of joy out of showering my two kids with hugs and kisses, I also possess the subtle sweetness often found in a riesling. But don’t be fooled. I love a great outdoor adventure and am willing to try anything once. This occasional display of boldness is thought to match that of a cabernet, whereas my appreciation for nature suggests that I have an earthy component to my personality—very characteristic of a merlot. (more)

 



“Wine rejoices the heart of man and joy is the mother of all virtues.”
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, 1771