Pillow Talk
Wednesday, January 30, 2008

As I lay quiet and motionless in complete darkness this evening--PATIENTLY pretending to be asleep--Wyatt tried ever-so-persistently (as usual) to resist the inevitable defeat brought forth by his arch enemy, Mr. Sandman. You may remember my recent boasting of our Christmas miracle--well let's just say THAT miracle ended along with season. So much for thinking we had turned a corner! Hehe!

After about 30 minutes of silence, and thinking he was just about to enter dreamland, he very purposefully rolled over and whispered in my ear, "Shhhh! BE QUIET! (PAUSE) Mommy sleeping."

Yeah...if only I could be so lucky!

Had I not already been lying there for what seemed like an eternity, it would have been nearly impossible to contain myself. But I allowed myself to laugh hysterically on the inside. I had to, as the alternative was to roll over and knock him out!

What I found most funny about the incident was that it was almost as if he could actually hear the conversations taking place in my head at the time.

That turkey!






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page





 



DSC_0014

My Wine Personality:
For the most part I’m a chardonnay, as I consider myself to exhibit a somewhat sunny and mellow disposition (most of the time), but because I find a tremendous amount of joy out of showering my two kids with hugs and kisses, I also possess the subtle sweetness often found in a riesling. But don’t be fooled. I love a great outdoor adventure and am willing to try anything once. This occasional display of boldness is thought to match that of a cabernet, whereas my appreciation for nature suggests that I have an earthy component to my personality—very characteristic of a merlot. (more)

 



“Wine rejoices the heart of man and joy is the mother of all virtues.”
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, 1771