Ready 4 Bed
Thursday, January 31, 2008

Wine Selection:














When our friends, Amanda and Grant bought Avery these adorable jammies before she was born, I thought, "Get out of here! Like I'm going to have a child that is EVER ready for bed!". Well, those jammies must have been sprinkled with some magical sleepy dust because this girl is ALWAYS ready for bed! Each day I'm amazed by how consistently she is sleeping through the night, and with Eric taking over with Wyatt at night, I'm more rested as a mother of two that I EVER was as a mother of one (or a handful depending upon how you look at it :-))

Ever since she was born, I'd lay her down swaddled like a little burrito, and she'd be in exactly the same position the next morning. Just recently, she has been getting a little more mobile, and a couple of days ago I came in to greet her only to find that she was at the complete opposite end of the bed, on her tummy, and completely out of her swaddle. That's when I learned that she could actually roll from her back to her tummy.

Here she is struggling to roll back to the supine position.

Wyatt LOVES to be a part of greeting Avery when she wakes up from her naps. Depending on the time of day, he'll either barge in (startling her half to death) with an eager, "Good Morning Sissy!" or a simple, "Hi Sissy" (waving his hand uncontrollably). His routine is to then climb into her bed and play with or love on her. Just today I had the great fortune of capturing both.


He is VERY proud of his ability to share and isn't shy about broadcasting it when he does.

He is also very fond of stroking Avery's hair, which may often be followed by an unintentional (or slightly intentional) blow to the head. Awww....big brothers...you gotta love 'em!

Here he is showering her with kisses. She looks really annoyed, but I'm sure she'll look back fondly upon it one day.

Showin' the ultimate love! I guess he could also be trying to strangle her...hard to tell, but I'm sure his intentions were good.

I find it very interesting how much time Wyatt actually likes to spend in Avery's bed, seeing how he despised it when he was a baby. In fact, he likes to pull the blanket over him and pretend he is sleeping.

If I could only get him to do this in his OWN bed!


I count my blessings everyday--for both my sleeping beauty AND my night owl.






3 Comments:
Blogger Shelley had this to say:

What absolutely adorable pictures of Wyatt and Avery!!!

January 31, 2008 at 9:08 AM 


Blogger Rachel had this to say:

Those pics are precious... how do you just happen to have your camera handy for every kodak moment?? I need to take a page out of your book!

January 31, 2008 at 11:12 PM 


Blogger Catrina and Eric had this to say:

I'm a total geek and carry my camera everywhere!

January 31, 2008 at 11:16 PM 


Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page





 



DSC_0014

My Wine Personality:
For the most part I’m a chardonnay, as I consider myself to exhibit a somewhat sunny and mellow disposition (most of the time), but because I find a tremendous amount of joy out of showering my two kids with hugs and kisses, I also possess the subtle sweetness often found in a riesling. But don’t be fooled. I love a great outdoor adventure and am willing to try anything once. This occasional display of boldness is thought to match that of a cabernet, whereas my appreciation for nature suggests that I have an earthy component to my personality—very characteristic of a merlot. (more)

 



“Wine rejoices the heart of man and joy is the mother of all virtues.”
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, 1771