Where Is YOUR Graduation Tassle?
Friday, February 1, 2008

Wine Selection: Fetzer Merlot













If you're like most people, the graduation tassle you at one time hung so proudly from your rearveiw mirror as a high school senior is either tucked away in a very special place along with your cap and gown, or you have no clue (or could care less) where it just might be collecting dust.

I'm sure when Eric received his medical school graduation tassle, he had no clue that it would someday be used by our toddler as a type of lovey while enjoying his milk (which is serious business, by the way), or as an accessory for his train track.


Wyatt has been so obsessed with the tassle that we find it incredibly comical as we watch him creatively incorporate it into his imaginative play. It has seriously become a permanent fixture on the train table.


I've been dying to know how exactly the tassle contributes to his train play, but every time I ask him, he goes into a very long and detailed two-year old explanation where only every 4th word can be understood. Nevertheless, it makes for a good laugh.






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page





 



DSC_0014

My Wine Personality:
For the most part I’m a chardonnay, as I consider myself to exhibit a somewhat sunny and mellow disposition (most of the time), but because I find a tremendous amount of joy out of showering my two kids with hugs and kisses, I also possess the subtle sweetness often found in a riesling. But don’t be fooled. I love a great outdoor adventure and am willing to try anything once. This occasional display of boldness is thought to match that of a cabernet, whereas my appreciation for nature suggests that I have an earthy component to my personality—very characteristic of a merlot. (more)

 



“Wine rejoices the heart of man and joy is the mother of all virtues.”
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, 1771