Down for the Count
Thursday, February 14, 2008

Wine Selection: Concannon Merlot
Personal Rating: **Fair** (very fair at this point!)

Eric was post call today, meaning that he was home for the day early this morning after spending the previous night at the hospital. Even though he was a bit exhausted, he volunteered to put Wyatt down for his nap. As you may recall, Wyatt has regressed a great deal in regards to both falling asleep and staying asleep. Couple this with a week-long (and very persistent) cold/infection and you have what we commonly refer to as Hurricane Wyatt.

At any rate, Eric picked up his son and proceeded to the bedroom and closed the door. I then heard some loud crying and a lot of thrashing around, which is completely normal behavior for Wyatt when transitioning to sleep mode--hence the nickname, Hurricane. What I heard next however, was very out of the ordinary:

(Bedroom door opening)

Eric (in distress): "Oh!...Catrina...Oh!"

I ran into the hallway to find Eric lying on the floor struggling to move or speak.

Me (a bit panicked): "WHAT is going on?!?!"

Eric (covering his face): "I think he broke my nose."

"Oh, Lord" I thought to myself.

Meanwhile, Wyatt was still crying hysterically in his bed not even realizing that his violent thrashing had potentially caused major facial trauma.

Eric managed to make it to the bathroom to try and assess the damage while I attempted to calm the kiddo. Moments later when I went to check on him, most of the bleeding was under control but his poor nose was incredibly swollen! We're still not completely sure if his nose is broken, but one thing we know for certain is that our two year old is a force to be reckoned with! To be quite honest, I'm surprised it took him an entire two years before knocking at least one of us down for the count. I must admit that I'm glad it was Eric and not me! Hehe!

It didn't take them long to make amends, as you can see from this post-incident photo of Eric snuggling with Wyatt and Avery in the chair.


And Valentines Day was meant for seeing hearts--not stars!






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page





 



DSC_0014

My Wine Personality:
For the most part I’m a chardonnay, as I consider myself to exhibit a somewhat sunny and mellow disposition (most of the time), but because I find a tremendous amount of joy out of showering my two kids with hugs and kisses, I also possess the subtle sweetness often found in a riesling. But don’t be fooled. I love a great outdoor adventure and am willing to try anything once. This occasional display of boldness is thought to match that of a cabernet, whereas my appreciation for nature suggests that I have an earthy component to my personality—very characteristic of a merlot. (more)

 



“Wine rejoices the heart of man and joy is the mother of all virtues.”
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, 1771