Gimme an "A"!
Sunday, February 24, 2008

Wine Selection: Vendange Chardonnay
Personal Rating: ***Good***










I'm not sure about you, but I haven't seen too many 8-month old cheerleaders. Before today, I wouldn't have even taken her for the type, but apparently, being an entire month older can bring out that extra spunk (that, AND the flower). I'm not quite sure what type of trick, pose, stunt (whatever ya'll cheerleaders call them) she's demonstrating in this photo, but she was certainly proud of it, whatever it was. Then later today in the grocery store (which was a madhouse, by the way), we were checking out when she spontaneously started chanting, "Ba! Ba!! Ba!!!" over and over again. Let me tell you, ALL eyes were on her! But the funniest part was when two toddlers several lanes over started repeating her chant. I was a bit red-faced with embarrassment, but it seems as though everyone was quite entertained by the infant pep rally. Let me tell ya, I'll take chanting over tantrums ANY DAY!

So, it's amazing the things that can happen during a one-month span of time. More than any other month, this past one has left me trying so desperately to hold onto anything left that is baby. Avery has certainly started to transition to a big girl (in my eyes), as she is becoming more independent with each passing day. Just a week or two ago, I was still swaddling her in the very blanket we used from the day she was born. I was bouncing her to sleep for every nap. She had NO teeth. Today, I simply lay her down in her bed awake without her swaddle while she peacefully drifts off to sleep on her own! And we must also bid farewell to the toothless grin I love so much, as she finally has one tooth with another to follow any day. I know she's only 8 months old, but I feel her needing me less and less every day. I should be praising God for eliminating two very time-consuming steps in our nap and bedtime routine, but I can't help but feel that my little girl is growing up on me. She also doesn't like to snuggle as much, for there is just too much to see and do in this world.

I'm sure my mood next month will be much less sappy and a little more irritated that I can't keep her curious little crawling mind from exploring every nook and cranny in the house. While the Lord taketh away bedtime rituals, He also bringeth more sweeping and vacuuming of the floors (so that small babies don't choke on a crumb and die) in addition to sibling rivalry precipitated by theiving of toys--and then slobbering all over them. I hope He also bringeth a truck-load of patience.

Happy 8-month Birthday, Miss Avery Sierra!

And I must give props to my good friend Shelly for inspiring me to rush off to JoAnn's for fun fabrics to use as backdrops after seeing some adorable photos she took of her lil' Maggie. Professional photographers....who needs 'em!! :-)






2 Comments:
Blogger Starr had this to say:

LOVE the outfit!!! Great pics. She is such a little beauty.

February 26, 2008 at 9:05 PM 


Blogger Shelly and Jared had this to say:

Hmm, I think she has definately seen a camera before, she is just TOOO cute!

February 28, 2008 at 5:17 PM 


Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page





 



DSC_0014

My Wine Personality:
For the most part I’m a chardonnay, as I consider myself to exhibit a somewhat sunny and mellow disposition (most of the time), but because I find a tremendous amount of joy out of showering my two kids with hugs and kisses, I also possess the subtle sweetness often found in a riesling. But don’t be fooled. I love a great outdoor adventure and am willing to try anything once. This occasional display of boldness is thought to match that of a cabernet, whereas my appreciation for nature suggests that I have an earthy component to my personality—very characteristic of a merlot. (more)

 



“Wine rejoices the heart of man and joy is the mother of all virtues.”
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, 1771