It's Potty Time!
Friday, February 8, 2008

Well, hopefully!


Up to this point, Wyatt has shown absolutely no interest in potty training. I can't say that I'm necessarily looking forward to it, but just really wanting to get it over with. I think Wyatt has started to sense that I'm getting a little bit impatient, which means his rebellious nature has kicked into overdrive. We never push him, but simply encourage him from time to time. Every time we do, however, he scowls and turns his head. We realize that he's just not ready--and that's okay. But we're hoping Elmo might just peak his interest a bit. It's such a corny little video, but he's at least been willing to sit on the potty while watching it. By the way, he does actually have a diaper on in this picture (in case you were wondering). I don't think I trust him quite yet to be in the living room without major protection!

Any tips from you veteran moms out there would be greatly appreciated!






2 Comments:
Blogger Rachel had this to say:

Spencer thinks the potty is the coolest thing EVER. He loves to sit on it all the time. Nothing ever comes of it though, I'm sad to say! I guess when they're ready, they're ready and not until. Sigh!

February 8, 2008 at 5:59 PM 


Blogger Starr had this to say:

I'm tellin' ya, don't stress it. When they're ready, they let you know! I started way too early with Ryan and it was terrible for everyone. I haven't pushed Lauryn a bit, and just yesterday she had a somewhat pivotal day, asking to go AND PRODUCING four times!!! Did great today too. (It may have been a fluke not to repeat itself for many months. We'll see.)

February 8, 2008 at 11:35 PM 


Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page





 



DSC_0014

My Wine Personality:
For the most part I’m a chardonnay, as I consider myself to exhibit a somewhat sunny and mellow disposition (most of the time), but because I find a tremendous amount of joy out of showering my two kids with hugs and kisses, I also possess the subtle sweetness often found in a riesling. But don’t be fooled. I love a great outdoor adventure and am willing to try anything once. This occasional display of boldness is thought to match that of a cabernet, whereas my appreciation for nature suggests that I have an earthy component to my personality—very characteristic of a merlot. (more)

 



“Wine rejoices the heart of man and joy is the mother of all virtues.”
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, 1771