O, Glorious Sunshine!
Saturday, February 16, 2008


Wine Selection: Mirassou Merlot
Personal Rating: ***Good***

Today was a great day. We finally got to see the sun, in all of her radiance! Woohoo! Flocks of Oregonians climbed out of their dark winter abodes this afternoon to frolic under the bright blue skies. We decided to head east of the Cascade Mountains to the Deschutes River. It's a much drier climate than we are accustomed to, so it was a nice change of scenery.


The river was absolutely breathtaking, and for the second week in a row, Wyatt was a champion hiker. He walked at least 3 miles today, which isn't too shabby for a two year old that hasn't had a nap! So, it was of no surprise whatsoever that the ever-so-powerful vibration of the moving car sent him into a snoring slumber in no time at all.

Avery and me taking a rest break

Yay for sunny days....keep 'em coming!






1 Comments:
Blogger Courtney had this to say:

I wish I had something like that to see in Fort Worth!

February 18, 2008 at 5:01 PM 


Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page





 



DSC_0014

My Wine Personality:
For the most part I’m a chardonnay, as I consider myself to exhibit a somewhat sunny and mellow disposition (most of the time), but because I find a tremendous amount of joy out of showering my two kids with hugs and kisses, I also possess the subtle sweetness often found in a riesling. But don’t be fooled. I love a great outdoor adventure and am willing to try anything once. This occasional display of boldness is thought to match that of a cabernet, whereas my appreciation for nature suggests that I have an earthy component to my personality—very characteristic of a merlot. (more)

 



“Wine rejoices the heart of man and joy is the mother of all virtues.”
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, 1771