Ode To My Onionhead!
Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Wine Selection: Meridian Cabernet Sauvignon
Personal Rating:***Good*** (for the $)

It's a special day for my dear friend, Sara (aka Onionhead). She's turning 30. We've celebrated many birthdays together, which have made for some very memorable moments. Since the miles between us are too great to actually be together for such a milestone event, I thought I would compose a special (and slightly entertaining) tribute to my dear friend of many many years.

Sara and I met during our senior year in high school while working on the school newspaper. Upon first impression, I took her to be somewhat of a sweet, delicate little flower--as evidenced by her public fascination with Tweety Bird, and clothing that often featured some type of fruit. It wasn't until I really got to know her that I discovered she had an incredible quick wit (in addition to being incredibly sweet) and a sense of humor that would bring a roomful laughing to tears! It wasn't long before we started hanging out during the lunch hour and singing happily along to Presidents of the United States of America. To this day, I'm still really not quite sure why we were having such a grand time singing about a "little blue dune buggy" and spiders that were "all brown and hard", but WHATEVER!

Since high school, we've managed to live in different cities (except for two years in grad school) while maintaining such a close friendship. And as I was looking through my old photo albums searching for the perfect picture to post for this little tribute, I found myself giggling as memories of each photo flooded my mind--the way we dressed, our "trendy" hairstyles, the way we posed for pictures, and how we always had a story to tell (or not) about our grand adventures together. So, instead of choosing just one, I organized a little slide show to the tune we designated as "our" song back in 1996.

Hope you have a very special birthday, Sara! Wish I could be there to celebrate with you. Love you always and forever!

video






1 Comments:
Blogger The Serattes had this to say:

Hi Catrina, this is Pete, Sara's dad. Paty and I want to thank you for the slideshow on Sara's birthday. Both we, and Sara, are blessed that our daughter has such a sweet and caring "best friend". You will always have a special place in our hearts. Thanks again, and please stay in touch.

February 21, 2008 at 8:38 PM 


Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page





 



DSC_0014

My Wine Personality:
For the most part I’m a chardonnay, as I consider myself to exhibit a somewhat sunny and mellow disposition (most of the time), but because I find a tremendous amount of joy out of showering my two kids with hugs and kisses, I also possess the subtle sweetness often found in a riesling. But don’t be fooled. I love a great outdoor adventure and am willing to try anything once. This occasional display of boldness is thought to match that of a cabernet, whereas my appreciation for nature suggests that I have an earthy component to my personality—very characteristic of a merlot. (more)

 



“Wine rejoices the heart of man and joy is the mother of all virtues.”
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, 1771