Teething BITES!
Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Wine Selection: Concannon Merlot
Personal Rating: **Fair**

Even though Avery still doesn't have any teeth, her mood these days has been quite indicative of perhaps one or two making an appearance in the very near future. Today was an exceptionally fussy day for the little princess, as there was not much I could do to alleviate her grumpiness. But thankfully, I remembered how much she loves to chew on crackers and decided to give that a try. Wouldn't you know... she was just as happy as a clam from that point forward! And I'm a little bit embarrassed to admit (although I'm not sure many moms would blame me) that I continued to let her devour cracker after cracker until she was good and ready for that afternoon nap! Hehe! As long as she's happy, why screw up a good thing, right?

As we were sitting at the table for about an hour or so (hehe), I was able to catch a glimpse of her superb multi-tasking ability.


I must say, I was quite impressed to see a 7-month old holding a cracker in one hand while drinking from the other . I don't know, maybe that's completely normal. But my only experience from which to draw comes from that of my two-year old, who still hasn't quite figured out why his hands are even attached to his body! Yep, he's definitely flunking in the fine motor skills department.

Another thing I noticed was that in addition to crumbs, bibs are also apparently useful for catching fish.

Hmmm...perhaps Daddy should experiment with this method, for the whole rod and reel thing just hasn't been working out too well for him lately! :-)

Finally, I felt compelled to share the song that Avery so lovely sang to her mommy today during her cracker feast. I don't know for sure, but I'd be willing to bet she's going to sing soprano just like her mommy.

video






3 Comments:
Blogger Starr had this to say:

Both her singing and fine motor skills are quite exceptional!! Too cute.

February 14, 2008 at 8:44 AM 


Blogger Sweet Yet Sassy had this to say:

So precious! Love the video!

February 14, 2008 at 9:39 AM 


Blogger Courtney had this to say:

how cute! I love the singing!

February 14, 2008 at 11:03 AM 


Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page





 



DSC_0014

My Wine Personality:
For the most part I’m a chardonnay, as I consider myself to exhibit a somewhat sunny and mellow disposition (most of the time), but because I find a tremendous amount of joy out of showering my two kids with hugs and kisses, I also possess the subtle sweetness often found in a riesling. But don’t be fooled. I love a great outdoor adventure and am willing to try anything once. This occasional display of boldness is thought to match that of a cabernet, whereas my appreciation for nature suggests that I have an earthy component to my personality—very characteristic of a merlot. (more)

 



“Wine rejoices the heart of man and joy is the mother of all virtues.”
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, 1771