'Thirsty' the Snowman
Monday, February 4, 2008

Wine Selection: Vendange Merlot

We surprisingly got enough snow in the valley over the weekend to build a snowman! Once we FINALLY convinced Wyatt that he really did want to get dressed in all of his snow gear, the boys were off to play. I'm always a bit uneasy when I leave the two of them alone, as I'm never quite certain what kind of trouble they're going to get into. Yes...I am also referring to my husband--for he is usually the one who facilitates such mischief! Sure enough, when called out to photograph their masterpiece, I was introduced to 'Thirsty' the Snowman who was enjoying a nice, and somewhat hoppy, beverage.


Apparently, Eric figured that if the snowman was going to spend all day in such frigid temperatures that he should have something to warm his tummy. I probably would have gone for a cup of hot chocolate or something, but what do I know!

While we're on the topic of mischief, I thought it would be a good opportunity to sneak in the story of how Wyatt ended up sporting the lovely camo duct tape you see on his not-so-inexpensive snow suit that has only been worn 3 times! It certainly isn't there because he's trying to make a fashion statement--but more so to cover the holes he sustained when he was nearly set on fire (minor exaggeration) during a (you guessed it) father-son outing. A couple of weeks ago, I very reluctantly agreed to let Eric take Wyatt fishing on a friend's boat. I'm personally not a big fan of water, and the thought of my very curious toddler being on a boat without me there to supervise him 100% was absolutely terrifying to me. But somehow, Eric convinced me that my fears were completely irrational and that our little boy would be just fine. Like all mothers, I tried to anticipate everything he might need in order to keep him safe and comfortable during their outing without Mama Bear. He had plenty of warm clothing, food, drink, diapers, wipes, and most importantly a life vest. But one thing I've learned is that it doesn't matter how much I plan, if there is trouble to be found, Wyatt will be the first to seek it out--especially if his father is twiddling his thumbs and not paying attention. Hehe! Apparently Wyatt just decided to cop a squat next to the space heater in the boat until it burned holes in his snow suit. Sheesh! Of course, Eric played it off as no big deal, but I'm just wondering how long it took him to realize that our son was melting before his very eyes. Oh, that's right....he wasn't actually looking, so maybe that's why!!!

Now you know why the two of them alone spells T-R-O-U-B-L-E! Trust me, I have many other interesting stories about Wyatt while in the care of his father, but I'll save them for another time.






1 Comments:
Blogger Shelley had this to say:

Oh my gosh...that duct tape story is HILARIOUS! I can't believe you had enough snow to make a snowman...we barely got a dusting at our house!

February 5, 2008 at 8:54 AM 


Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page





 



DSC_0014

My Wine Personality:
For the most part I’m a chardonnay, as I consider myself to exhibit a somewhat sunny and mellow disposition (most of the time), but because I find a tremendous amount of joy out of showering my two kids with hugs and kisses, I also possess the subtle sweetness often found in a riesling. But don’t be fooled. I love a great outdoor adventure and am willing to try anything once. This occasional display of boldness is thought to match that of a cabernet, whereas my appreciation for nature suggests that I have an earthy component to my personality—very characteristic of a merlot. (more)

 



“Wine rejoices the heart of man and joy is the mother of all virtues.”
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, 1771