50 First Dates
Monday, March 24, 2008

Wine Selection: Double Dog Dare Merlot
Personal Rating: **Fair**

I'm not a huge movie buff. And when I do watch one, it's almost always a romantic comedy. But no matter how much I like a particular movie, I hardly EVER see a reason to buy it. In our entire DVD collection, there is only a single movie that belongs to me...and that's 50 First Dates.




So, when Eric gave me the choice of which movie to watch for our date night last night (amongst the multitude of westerns), I predictably selected this one. If you have never watched this movie, I highly recommend that you give it a try. For a guy who primarily enjoys films in which there is a lot of gunfighting and bloodshed, Eric described 50 First Dates as being absolutely brilliant! I mean, maybe we are just wired differently, but we were laughing hysterically throughout the entire movie. We've watched it many times, but it seems to have us rolling with laughter even more than the time before.

I'll tell ya...there's nothing better than snuggling up with your hubby on the sofa, sharing a few belly laughs, a bottle of red wine....and deviled eggs. Yes...we're that weird.






3 Comments:
Blogger Shelley had this to say:

Ummmm...how do you manage a date night after the kids go to bed??? Do you have to stay up until the crack of dawn to watch an entire movie??? ;)

March 25, 2008 at 9:16 AM 


Blogger Shelly and Jared had this to say:

Hey - do you remember the yellow car she drives in that movie? My first car was one of those! I used to be so proud of it ( and apparentyly still am) S

March 30, 2008 at 9:19 AM 


Anonymous patrick had this to say:

50 First Dates was a genius chick flick; awesome scenery too, made me want to live in Hawaii

July 1, 2008 at 11:20 AM 


Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page





 



DSC_0014

My Wine Personality:
For the most part I’m a chardonnay, as I consider myself to exhibit a somewhat sunny and mellow disposition (most of the time), but because I find a tremendous amount of joy out of showering my two kids with hugs and kisses, I also possess the subtle sweetness often found in a riesling. But don’t be fooled. I love a great outdoor adventure and am willing to try anything once. This occasional display of boldness is thought to match that of a cabernet, whereas my appreciation for nature suggests that I have an earthy component to my personality—very characteristic of a merlot. (more)

 



“Wine rejoices the heart of man and joy is the mother of all virtues.”
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, 1771