Avery is 9 months!
Monday, March 24, 2008

It appears as though our tiny baby is starting to blossom into a little human with quite a big personality! First of all, the girl has a thing for hair accessories. Whether she's sporting a hat, bow, or flower, the difference in her disposition is incredibly obvious. I do find it rather interesting that she can somehow tell the difference. I'm not the only person who has noticed this, so I know I'm not crazy! At any rate, the hair bow madness has begun. Before having a daughter, I always wondered how people who make hair bows for a living stayed in business. Now I know. :-)

A new skill she has discovered this past month is her ability to squeal...and at a pitch that can no doubt send every dog in the neighborhood into a frenzy. She likes to practice this skill often.

She now says "ma-ma", and has also learned to clap her hands, use her pointer finger, and raise both arms in the air in response to, "How big is Avery?". I was fortunately able to catch this one on video.



video


While she IS becoming quite a bit more interactive, she is growing increasingly more frustrated that she's not more mobile. She is SO close to being able to crawl and pull herself up, that it's maddening at times (more for her than anyone else). In the meantime, she'll at least settle for standing at the train table and destroying Wyatt's tracks and dousing them in saliva--to which he says with a disgusted look, "Ewww...yucky Sissy" (as if he didn't just grow out of that phase himself).

It's so hard to believe that she is going to be a year old in just a few short months. We just installed her new big girl car seat, and she looks so grown up. Where on earth has the time gone?







2 Comments:
Blogger Rachel had this to say:

Those photos are adorable. She is just a doll! I can't believe she's 9 months old either, wow. I'm still trying to figure out how Spencer and Wyatt turned 2 last fall.

March 24, 2008 at 3:01 PM 


Blogger Shelley had this to say:

Happy 9 Month Birthday, Avery!!! It seems like it was just the other day that we were both so excited to meet our little girls (and so ready to get our bodies back)!

March 25, 2008 at 9:11 AM 


Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page





 



DSC_0014

My Wine Personality:
For the most part I’m a chardonnay, as I consider myself to exhibit a somewhat sunny and mellow disposition (most of the time), but because I find a tremendous amount of joy out of showering my two kids with hugs and kisses, I also possess the subtle sweetness often found in a riesling. But don’t be fooled. I love a great outdoor adventure and am willing to try anything once. This occasional display of boldness is thought to match that of a cabernet, whereas my appreciation for nature suggests that I have an earthy component to my personality—very characteristic of a merlot. (more)

 



“Wine rejoices the heart of man and joy is the mother of all virtues.”
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, 1771