Feline Companion
Thursday, March 13, 2008


Wine Selection:
Gnarly Head Merlot
Personal Rating: **Fair**

Wyatt has developed quite a fondness for cats. I happen to understand, as I too adore them to pieces and sometimes wish we could adopt one (and then images of pet hair and litter boxes creep into my mind, thereby reaffirming our decision--at least for the time being--to remain pet-less).

Fortunately, our neighbors have two outdoor cats who equally adore Wyatt and frequent our house every time we're playing outside. Normally, I would not think much about it since most kids are fascinated with animals, but I have found it to be quite endearing actually--the way Wyatt will sit perched on the curb gently caressing its fur and whispering sweet nothings into its ear.

It sort of reminds me of a lonely old man sitting on his front porch just waiting to strike up a conversation with anyone willing to listen. Even when we're inside, he'll often be found gazing out the window calling out desperately for the "ki-CAT!", and when asked what he likes about the cat, he'll usually respond with an excited, "I WUVS [loves] the ki-cat!" or my own personal favorite, "I wikes [likes] his tails".

I'm just hoping he doesn't end up stepping on "his tails" by accident someday, thereby forcing his feline friend to throw a left hook to the face. But cats are so fast. With their lightening-fast reflexes, I'm sure he'd never even know what hit him!






2 Comments:
Blogger Sweet Yet Sassy had this to say:

Awww. "I wikes his tails"! How cute is that?!

I know what you mean about cats. If they didn't shed I would definitely have one. I keep telling Brad if they made a dog that acted like a cat I would own it. I want a lethargic dog or a sheddless cat. Sheddless not hairless! :)

March 14, 2008 at 11:00 AM 


Blogger Courtney had this to say:

That picture is so sweet! We have 3cats. They always run and hide when Evan comes to visit but they don't mind Nathan yet b/c he can't really bother them! Evan was cute because he sees them under the bed and lays down trying to look at them!

March 14, 2008 at 11:16 PM 


Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page





 



DSC_0014

My Wine Personality:
For the most part I’m a chardonnay, as I consider myself to exhibit a somewhat sunny and mellow disposition (most of the time), but because I find a tremendous amount of joy out of showering my two kids with hugs and kisses, I also possess the subtle sweetness often found in a riesling. But don’t be fooled. I love a great outdoor adventure and am willing to try anything once. This occasional display of boldness is thought to match that of a cabernet, whereas my appreciation for nature suggests that I have an earthy component to my personality—very characteristic of a merlot. (more)

 



“Wine rejoices the heart of man and joy is the mother of all virtues.”
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, 1771