Who Doesn't Like Peeps?
Monday, March 24, 2008

Easter Basket Extravaganza


Due to various circumstances, we uncharacteristically opted for a low-key Easter Sunday. It was pouring down rain anyway, so it made sense for us to spend some nice, quality time at home. Wyatt had a grand time sorting through the goods the Easter Bunny brought, and was beside himself when he saw his favorite train, Gordon. After that, he wasn't too interested in hunting for the eggs that were hidden around the house. But he quickly regained focus when he realized there was candy inside!










He also had his first "Peeps" experience--a true Easter basket staple! His daddy demonstrated first how to appropriately eat a peep (there is quite a bit of skill involved you know :-)), and then Wyatt followed.

video

And THAT was THAT!

Avery was actually napping during all of this, so she wasn't able to experience the thrill of an indoor Easter Egg Hunt. I'd probably rather be napping too! However, she did get the opportunity to try on her bunny ears when she woke up. I think this is one hair accessory she was not very excited about modeling!

We had a great time though, even if we didn't even make it out of our jammies until 5PM! We'll hope for nicer weather and stronger immune systems next year! :-)










Hope everyone had a very Happy Easter!









2 Comments:
Blogger Shelley had this to say:

Love the video of Wyatt! Too funny! I think the picture of the kids turned out super cute!

March 25, 2008 at 9:20 AM 


Blogger Rachel had this to say:

Actually.... I don't like peeps. I know. Give me a bag of Reese's peanut butter eggs any day.

That video of Wyatt pretty much says it all!! I'm still laughing!

March 25, 2008 at 6:39 PM 


Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page





 



DSC_0014

My Wine Personality:
For the most part I’m a chardonnay, as I consider myself to exhibit a somewhat sunny and mellow disposition (most of the time), but because I find a tremendous amount of joy out of showering my two kids with hugs and kisses, I also possess the subtle sweetness often found in a riesling. But don’t be fooled. I love a great outdoor adventure and am willing to try anything once. This occasional display of boldness is thought to match that of a cabernet, whereas my appreciation for nature suggests that I have an earthy component to my personality—very characteristic of a merlot. (more)

 



“Wine rejoices the heart of man and joy is the mother of all virtues.”
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, 1771