9-Month Stats
Thursday, April 10, 2008

I realize that most of you could care less about Avery's 9-month measurements, but I'm posting them specifically for my own personal record-keeping, and for those very few inquiring minds who just want to know.



Weight: 19 lbs 10 oz (60th percentile)
Length: 28. 75 inches (75th percentile)
Head Circumference: 17.5 inches (60th percentile)

I'm not sure why mothers obsess about this kind of information, but it really is the highlight of a well-child checkup. Will she EVER really care how big her head was when she was 9 months old? Highly unlikely. Although, considering that her head is currently the same size as Wyatt's is right now (and he's almost 2 years older), then I guess she could potentially use the information in the future as leverage when she threatens to reveal (with proof) to his Jr. High crush his cerebrally-challenged condition. But of course, she's entirely too sweet to do anything like that! :-)

Besides, "small heads don't equal small brains!" boasts their father who, by the way, was also blessed with a small head. He does make a pretty valid point. While Eric may have been the only player on his adolescent baseball team not able to fit into the smallest size baseball cap, he did manage to make it through 5 years of college and 4 years of medical school having earned straight A's. So, there is definitely hope for our tiny-headed Wyatt yet!

Wow...how on earth did I end up on this tangent?


Wine Selection:
Screw Kappa Napa Cabernet Sauvignon
Personal Rating: ****Excellent****
Comments: I've never been a huge fan of cabs, but this one seriously has me savoring every sip. It's like the Godiva chocolate of wines.






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page





 



DSC_0014

My Wine Personality:
For the most part I’m a chardonnay, as I consider myself to exhibit a somewhat sunny and mellow disposition (most of the time), but because I find a tremendous amount of joy out of showering my two kids with hugs and kisses, I also possess the subtle sweetness often found in a riesling. But don’t be fooled. I love a great outdoor adventure and am willing to try anything once. This occasional display of boldness is thought to match that of a cabernet, whereas my appreciation for nature suggests that I have an earthy component to my personality—very characteristic of a merlot. (more)

 



“Wine rejoices the heart of man and joy is the mother of all virtues.”
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, 1771