Avery is 10 Months!
Tuesday, April 22, 2008


Avery's first real experience in a swing.
She was so tickled that she couldn't even open her eyes.


We've got a mover and a shaker on our hands now, folks! Avery finally mastered the art of crawling while we were in Oklahoma, and as of yesterday has learned to gracefully pull herself up to a standing position. It has only been a day since we've arrived back home, and she has already managed to bring to my attention various flaws in my childproofing (or lack thereof) system. She has definitely been keeping me on my toes today, as I am dreadfully awaiting the BIG OWEE! It's bound to happen sooner or later, but I'm trying to postpone the inevitable as long as I possibly can.

Here is a clip of Avery crawling to, and pulling herself up on, the train table. Please pay no mind to the little weirdo on her left trying to fit his knees into plastic cups. We are fully aware of his pathology. :-)

video

How does Wyatt feel now that his baby sister is on the move? I think he was quite a bit annoyed at first, since Avery was able to get her hands on just about anything belonging to him. But he quickly started to realize there was quite a bit of fun to be had, and began coaxing her into chasing him around the house by dangling a toy in front of her and just out of her reach...ornery little devil!

Aside from achieving the physical milestones, Avery now has a three-word vocabulary--"ma-ma", "da-da", and "ball". She still has only two teeth and continues to sleep LIKE A DREAM! She has also recently weaned herself from the bottle, but is showing some signs of being a finicky eater. If that's as difficult as she gets, then I think I've got it made--at least until she hits the pre-teen stage.

How is it that I can have a little angel and a little devil living under the same roof. Mindboggling...isn't it?


Wine Selection: Talus Collection Chardonnay
Personal Rating: ***Good***
Comments: I wouldn't say this wine has a ton of personality, but it's just a pretty smooth, easy-to-drink Chardonnay. I told Eric last night that I thought it was a great sipping chardonnay. Get it.






4 Comments:
Blogger Shelley had this to say:

Happy 10 Month Birthday, Avery!!! Good job learning how to crawl and pull yourself up! Now you and Sienna can chase each other around! I guess you'll probably be more likely to use your new skills to get as far away from Sienna as possible! haha!

April 23, 2008 at 8:48 AM 


Blogger Starr had this to say:

How fun that she learned to crawl in OK! So family could be there to cheer her on!

April 23, 2008 at 10:09 AM 


Blogger Rachel had this to say:

Way to go, baby girl!! I love Wyatt in the background with the cups... a classic 2 yr old mind at work.

April 23, 2008 at 5:28 PM 


Blogger Amanda Jeffers had this to say:

I can't believe how fast she's growing! Of course I've never met her, but I know she's pretty special since she was born on our anniversary. I love the swing picture. Abby got a teeter totter for her birthday and she won't even sit on it. Emily still won't swing. I've got a couple of scaredy cats! I love reading your blog, but it's making me wish I could have a glass of wine...try a bottle! Actually I've been craving beer since I got pregnant. Maybe it's a boy.

April 29, 2008 at 3:31 AM 


Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page





 



DSC_0014

My Wine Personality:
For the most part I’m a chardonnay, as I consider myself to exhibit a somewhat sunny and mellow disposition (most of the time), but because I find a tremendous amount of joy out of showering my two kids with hugs and kisses, I also possess the subtle sweetness often found in a riesling. But don’t be fooled. I love a great outdoor adventure and am willing to try anything once. This occasional display of boldness is thought to match that of a cabernet, whereas my appreciation for nature suggests that I have an earthy component to my personality—very characteristic of a merlot. (more)

 



“Wine rejoices the heart of man and joy is the mother of all virtues.”
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, 1771