A Day In The Country
Saturday, April 19, 2008

We spent Wednesday afternoon at Grandma and Papa Lafferty’s house, which sits on quite a bit of land in the country. They recently purchased some serious hardware to help keep Papa Lafferty busy with major landscaping projects. It is a mean, green, loading machine that, without fail, can leave any two-year old boy salivating in amazement. I’m sure you can imagine Wyatt’s delight when Grandma offered to give him a ride.

And what would a day in the country be without the timeless backyard tire swing? We spent many years of our childhood swinging from rubber tires that dangled (yes…dangled) from tree limbs, so it was fun to watch Wyatt and Avery experience such an age-old tradition for the first time.

Every time we are at their house, I’m amazed by the completely random and unique items they have just lying around that just so happen to provide endless hours of entertainment for kids. This visit, it was the old bongo drums. RANDOM. How is it that in the past several years I’ve been frequenting their house that I have never laid eyes on them before? It’s amazing what my mom seems to just pull out of her magic hat. Nevertheless, she pulled them out, dusted them off, and the kids went to town. Wyatt even got to take them home with him, which thrilled him to pieces.


Wine Selection: Solaris Merlot
Personal Rating: N/A
Comment: When the cork completely disintegrated as I was opening it, I should have known better than to even take a drink. Getting a bad wine just really stinks (literally). I was really looking forward to trying it too, as it is another affordable Napa Valley wine. I'll have to keep my eye out for it when I go back to Portland. Better luck next time.






1 Comments:
Blogger Starr had this to say:

My kids are growing up to "city-fied" that it almost pains me! By the time I was six I was catching garden snakes and spending all day in the woods. My kids are fully immersed in suburbia. All the soccer practice leaves no time for bug catching! (And I don't know where we'd even go to catch bugs...) Gotta find a way to get them to the country. A camping trip may be in order.

April 22, 2008 at 8:19 PM 


Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page





 



DSC_0014

My Wine Personality:
For the most part I’m a chardonnay, as I consider myself to exhibit a somewhat sunny and mellow disposition (most of the time), but because I find a tremendous amount of joy out of showering my two kids with hugs and kisses, I also possess the subtle sweetness often found in a riesling. But don’t be fooled. I love a great outdoor adventure and am willing to try anything once. This occasional display of boldness is thought to match that of a cabernet, whereas my appreciation for nature suggests that I have an earthy component to my personality—very characteristic of a merlot. (more)

 



“Wine rejoices the heart of man and joy is the mother of all virtues.”
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, 1771