Go 'Google' Yourself, Why Don't Ya?
Friday, April 25, 2008

"So, you met a new guy? Have you Googled him yet?"

"Uh...No."

"Girl, you gotta Google him to see if he's got a record!"
Conversation that took place between my two favorite grad school girls
(LeighAnn and Michelle) when we all met for dinner last week.

Leave it to LeighAnn (right) to impart her tell-it-like-it-is wisdom in
an effort to help a good friend. It's that red hair, I'm telling ya!

Although the conversation wasn't at all relevant to me (not in the market for a new companion--not yet anyway :-)), the whole idea of dishing up internet dirt on anyone of your choosing was a bit intriguing to me. "I wonder what Google has to say about me?", I thought to myself. As it turns out...not much. Just as I suspected.

But here is a picture I stumbled upon after Google-ing my dear hubby.



There is nothing very interesting to say about this photo of him (smack-dab in the middle) with his fellow residents, other than to brag on how freakin' well-dressed the boy is. This is a huge achievement for a guy who still owns (and wears) t-shirts that say "Go Hornets!" (Booker T. Washington High, 1996). We may still be working on his casual attire, but he's got the dress attire perfected! For a moment, I felt so proud that this is what people would see if he were to ever be Googled. That was, until I saw this photo on the same page.

So, it's a nice photo. But if you actually read the fine print, you (and the rest of the world) will discover the ever-so-important detail that one of his interests is "grilling meat". SERIOUSLY?!?!

While we have noticed after living in the Pacific Northwest that meat-eaters can sometimes be the minority, I'm not sure the hospital website is the most appropriate venue for broadcasting your affinity for grilling and then devouring dead animals. Why don't you just parenthesize Hannibal Lecter, MD next to your name for an even greater effect?

I'm telling ya, the boy needs to clear these things through me first.

Google yourself. You might get a good laugh out of it.

Wine Selection: Solaris Cabernet Sauvignon
Personal Rating: **Fair**
Comments: This is a wine very similar to the one I bought while in Tulsa that was bad (as in sour). I saw this one at the store yesterday and decided to give it a try, thinking it would probably taste similar. The original Solaris I tried was a merlot and it was a special release from the Napa Valley region. This one was not. I can't really compare them since the original Solaris was sour, but overall, I think this purchase was a waste of money. If it were a cheap wine, I'd probably give it a higher rating, but it's more in the moderate price range so I guess my expectations were much higher. Nothing about this wine really stood out to me. But I was able to drink it without grimacing, so I guess that's a positive attribute. It's certainly drinkable, but not enjoyable.






1 Comments:
Blogger Sweet Yet Sassy had this to say:

Oh my word Girl! You are killin' me! That was funny.
Ha-Grillin' meat!

April 29, 2008 at 3:47 PM 


Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page





 



DSC_0014

My Wine Personality:
For the most part I’m a chardonnay, as I consider myself to exhibit a somewhat sunny and mellow disposition (most of the time), but because I find a tremendous amount of joy out of showering my two kids with hugs and kisses, I also possess the subtle sweetness often found in a riesling. But don’t be fooled. I love a great outdoor adventure and am willing to try anything once. This occasional display of boldness is thought to match that of a cabernet, whereas my appreciation for nature suggests that I have an earthy component to my personality—very characteristic of a merlot. (more)

 



“Wine rejoices the heart of man and joy is the mother of all virtues.”
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, 1771