Angel's Rest
Monday, May 5, 2008

We certainly could not have asked for a more beautiful day on Sunday. Every so often, Mother Nature teases us with days like this. Just when we think we've turned the corner into summer, she's back to her old tricks again--dumping wet weather on us for several more days. One thing we've definitely learned while living here is that when the sun is out, you drop whatever it is you're doing and head for the nearest exit. And yesterday, we did just that.

We hiked the Angel's Rest trail in the Columbia River Gorge. I'm always up for hiking in the Gorge, for the trails (in my opinion) never disappoint. You can read about one of our other Gorge hikes here.


It was about 2.5 miles to the top of Angel's Rest, and I must say it's not the best place for a rambunctious toddler to be running loose. Needless to say, we stayed only long enough to ooh and ahh over the most gorgeous panoramic of the Columbia River before starting our descent. But just to give you an idea of how high it was, we were actually able to look down on a helicopter flying by. That's just plain weird.


Wyatt was pretty tuckered out from the beginning, which meant he spent most of the hike on Eric's shoulders. Avery did great in the backpack and even took a little snooze on the way down. Yay for another successful hiking adventure!






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page





 



DSC_0014

My Wine Personality:
For the most part I’m a chardonnay, as I consider myself to exhibit a somewhat sunny and mellow disposition (most of the time), but because I find a tremendous amount of joy out of showering my two kids with hugs and kisses, I also possess the subtle sweetness often found in a riesling. But don’t be fooled. I love a great outdoor adventure and am willing to try anything once. This occasional display of boldness is thought to match that of a cabernet, whereas my appreciation for nature suggests that I have an earthy component to my personality—very characteristic of a merlot. (more)

 



“Wine rejoices the heart of man and joy is the mother of all virtues.”
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, 1771