Avery is 11 months!
Thursday, May 22, 2008

It seems crazy to already be planning Avery's first birthday. I have a tendency to look for just about any excuse to play around in Photoshop, so I was not about to pass up an opportunity to design some invitations for my baby girl--even though the small handful of guests could have easily been notified via phone or email. What can I say? I like to waste time. I'm still trying to work out the details of the cake, but I think it's going to be really fun to make. I have two cakes under my belt so far--The Very Hungry Caterpillar and Blues Clues.










They really do take a lot of time, but it's definitely worth the effort (depending upon who you ask...Eric thinks I'm nuts) when you see the finished product.

The big question remaining is Will Avery be walking by her first birthday? My prediction just a month ago would have been absolutely not. But she has surprised us so much in just the past couple of weeks that I now feel it isn't as far from her reach as I first thought. She is quickly perfecting "the waddle" that may just have her toddling around in 4 weeks or less. Grandma and Papa Edgar shipped her a Shop N Go walker to help her get around, and it was a huge hit with both kids. In fact, I'm still in the midst of playing referee in an effort to prevent any knock down drag out fights between brother and sister. While Avery may be able to use the walker with incredible grace, the poor girl can't steer the thing to save her life! And boy...it makes her furious! Take a look.



(But hey, at least Elmo was having a good time!)

Avery is also becoming more verbal. She has added "bye-bye" (accompanied by a wave) to her vocabulary, and imitates animal sounds for cat and dog. She will also very excitedly dish out high fives. My baby girl is growing up!





Wine Selection: Louis M Martini Cabernet Sauvignon
Personal Rating: ***Good***
Comments: This is a pleasant, fairly smooth cabernet with just a hint of spice. I think this wine is very, VERY, good! Well balanced.

Labels:






5 Comments:
Blogger Courtney had this to say:

She is so cute with her walker! And I love the cakes, what are you thinking of for her birthday?

May 23, 2008 at 8:35 AM 


Blogger Shelley had this to say:

I can't believe how well she is doing with the walker! Go Avery! That video you put together was too funny!

May 23, 2008 at 9:17 AM 


Blogger Starr had this to say:

Okay, seriously? That last picture is real? It looks like you photo-shopped yourself in to a landscape photo. So gorgeous. :-)

May 23, 2008 at 11:42 PM 


Blogger Catrina had this to say:

Nothing gets past you, Starr! Maybe I should post the original photo for comparison. Stay tuned!

May 24, 2008 at 12:49 AM 


Blogger Rachel had this to say:

Oh dear, the woes of being 11 months old... that video is too cute. I can't believe she's almost a year. I'm excited to see what you do for her birthday!

May 24, 2008 at 10:52 PM 


Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page





 



DSC_0014

My Wine Personality:
For the most part I’m a chardonnay, as I consider myself to exhibit a somewhat sunny and mellow disposition (most of the time), but because I find a tremendous amount of joy out of showering my two kids with hugs and kisses, I also possess the subtle sweetness often found in a riesling. But don’t be fooled. I love a great outdoor adventure and am willing to try anything once. This occasional display of boldness is thought to match that of a cabernet, whereas my appreciation for nature suggests that I have an earthy component to my personality—very characteristic of a merlot. (more)

 



“Wine rejoices the heart of man and joy is the mother of all virtues.”
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, 1771