For Creative Minds NOT At Work
Tuesday, May 27, 2008


Are you the type of person that has a particular vision in your head of a gift you'd like to give, a decorative vase you'd like to incorporate into your living room, or a piece of clothing or accessory you'd like to wear, but fail to find what you're looking for after what seems like countless searches on the internet? If so, then you must check out Etsy.

This seems to always happen to me. I apparently have a creative mind, but somewhere along the way I failed to inherit the gene that would allow me to actually create it with my own two hands. I can barely sew on a button for crying out loud! As a result, I'm forced to rely on random strangers on the internet to actually transform my creative mental images into physical masterpieces, all the while paying them an incalculable amount of money for an idea that I personally dreamed up in my head. Grrr!! But what can you do?

At least it's so much easier with Etsy to find unique items and designers that at least come very close to resembling your own vision. Take a moment to check it out. You won't be disappointed. I spent most of my free time this evening searching once again for something that apparently only existed in my head. But just before I decided to throw the computer out the window, a little voice reminded me of Etsy. Wouldn't you know, I found what I was looking for in a matter of minutes. To avoid an incredible amount of ridicule, I'm not going to reveal what it was I spent so much time searching for (and not willing to settle). It's kind of ridiculous actually, but let's just say that I like to pay very close (ridiculously close) attention to detail that it should almost be considered a new psychiatric disorder!

(Shelly, you should consider selling some of your creations on Etsy if you haven't already. You have been blessed with the same amazing gift that unfortunately passed me by.)



Wine Selection: Louis M Martini Cabernet Sauvignon
Personal Rating: ***Good***
Comments: This particular bottle had been opened for nearly a week, and believe it or not, it still tasted great. I was a little worried, but I wasn't about to let it go to waste without at least trying it!

Labels:






3 Comments:
Blogger Courtney had this to say:

I love Etsy! I got some cute baby things from there.

May 28, 2008 at 9:34 AM 


Blogger Rachel had this to say:

I think Etsy is where my mom found the cutest lion Christmas ornament for my nephew. Everything else we found was lame and then voila! Etsy!

May 29, 2008 at 6:12 PM 


Blogger Rachel had this to say:

PS.... I'm now totally curious as to what you were hunting for. Spill it!!

May 29, 2008 at 6:14 PM 


Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page





 



DSC_0014

My Wine Personality:
For the most part I’m a chardonnay, as I consider myself to exhibit a somewhat sunny and mellow disposition (most of the time), but because I find a tremendous amount of joy out of showering my two kids with hugs and kisses, I also possess the subtle sweetness often found in a riesling. But don’t be fooled. I love a great outdoor adventure and am willing to try anything once. This occasional display of boldness is thought to match that of a cabernet, whereas my appreciation for nature suggests that I have an earthy component to my personality—very characteristic of a merlot. (more)

 



“Wine rejoices the heart of man and joy is the mother of all virtues.”
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, 1771