Future Scientists Hard at Work
Thursday, May 1, 2008


We had a fun-filled morning at the Oregon Museum of Science and Industry (OMSI). Wyatt and one of his best buddies, Brayden, were a couple of lean, mean, exploring machines as they raced through dark and spooky tree-trunk tunnels,



rescued black bears and other wildlife from raging flood waters (and apparently, little plastic tugboats),

studied closely (very closely) the pentamerous symmetry of Asteroidea (that's "star fish" or "sea star" for us lay folk).


And can you believe they even had enough time to fit in a quick lesson on granular physics (a.k.a. playing in the sand)?


TALK ABOUT EXHAUSTING!

But wait. There's more. They got word (probably from The Department of Homeland Security) that there was a mysterious chemical substance on the premises that had the ability to disguise its physical appearance by taking on various forms. Naturally, they felt compelled to investigate. Upon thorough inspection, they were successfully able to to identify the three-dimensional arrangement of polyvinyl acetate chains as, what is commonly referred to by the lay public as, "Flubber".


Phew!! After a hard-morning's work, the two braniacs shed their white coats and magnifying glasses, and traded them in for a good old fashioned PB&J...and a much-needed N-A-P!


Now they're ready to conquer some of the more important issues of the world...like how some wise guy thought he/she had the right to ruin the lives of all toddlers by deeming broccoli a "healthy", "good for you" food for kids. The nerve!



Wine Selection
: Ray's Station Cabernet Sauvignon
Personal Rating: ****Excellent****
Comments: This is the wine Brayden's Mommy (Shelley) and I shared on our recent (more like 2 months ago) girls night out. It's a great wine, but mostly I think it just reminds me of a short moment in time when I was able to speak to another adult female in complete sentences without having to put someone in time out. Girl...we need to do that again SOON! :-)






1 Comments:
Blogger Shelley had this to say:

Wow...how am I supposed to compete with your OMSI post??? Mine is going to be pretty boring after reading yours! BTW, did you find Ray's Station at Freddies? We most definitely need to get away again...SOON!

May 2, 2008 at 9:09 AM 


Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page





 



DSC_0014

My Wine Personality:
For the most part I’m a chardonnay, as I consider myself to exhibit a somewhat sunny and mellow disposition (most of the time), but because I find a tremendous amount of joy out of showering my two kids with hugs and kisses, I also possess the subtle sweetness often found in a riesling. But don’t be fooled. I love a great outdoor adventure and am willing to try anything once. This occasional display of boldness is thought to match that of a cabernet, whereas my appreciation for nature suggests that I have an earthy component to my personality—very characteristic of a merlot. (more)

 



“Wine rejoices the heart of man and joy is the mother of all virtues.”
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, 1771