Holy Cow! What Rock Have I Been Living Under?
Friday, May 9, 2008

Thanks to the gentle nudging (more like yelling in ALL CAPS…Ahem! Starr) from my girlfriends who don’t want me to be forever trapped in a technology time warp, I am now the very proud owner of the ever-so-awesome iPod nano.

Let me tell you (not like I really need to, considering I’m probably the last person on earth to get one) just how fine this little piece of machinery is. I can now work out like a maniac to my own customized playlist rather than spending precious time searching for the one radio station with the least amount of static that also happens to be playing music. I must also note how incredibly refreshing it is to have headphones that actually function without the strategic placement of the wires up, over my head, and just a wee-bit to the left. What do you know…I might just be able to direct all of my energy toward my workout for a change. What a concept!

Getting Eric to agree to such a purchase was somewhat interesting. But isn’t it always? The phone conversation went something like this.

Me: “Hey! Can I get my birthday present early?”

Eric: “Birthday present? Isn’t your birthday in like June or July?”

Me: (sigh…with a slight roll of the eye) “July. You know that.”

Eric: “What do you want?”

Me: “An iPod.”

Eric: “iPod?!?! Catrina, we are not a technology family. You don’t need an iPod.”

Me: (a bit pitiful) “Eric, how do you expect me to lose the rest of this baby weight unless I have some good music to motivate me?”

(Ah ha! The hook!)

Eric: (sigh) “FINE. Get whatever you want.”

Now that’s what I like to hear. I expect that same response when I ask for my Hybrid Tahoe in a few years.



Wine Selection:
Trellis Cabernet Sauvignon
Personal Rating: **Fair**
Comments: Cheap wine--cheap flavor. I probably won't buy it again.






5 Comments:
Blogger Starr had this to say:

Yay!!! I'm so proud you've joined us in this new and exciting technological age. Me and the kids listen to music around the clock; just pop the iPod in it's player (THAT'S YOUR NEXT PURCHASE IF YOU DON'T HAVE ONE) and our life is music filled all day long. It's a glorious thing.

May 10, 2008 at 7:54 AM 


Blogger Alex and Ashley had this to say:

I still can't figure out out to get the songs from my computer on to my iPod!!

May 10, 2008 at 11:10 AM 


Blogger Courtney had this to say:

I just updated to the new Nano as well! I was about to post a blog about mine when I read yours!

May 10, 2008 at 8:53 PM 


Blogger Rachel had this to say:

Congratulations!! You will not regret it, I promise. My next purchase is also an ipod player. I'm sure I'll wonder how I've managed to live without one when we actually get it!

May 11, 2008 at 6:35 PM 


Blogger Sweet Yet Sassy had this to say:

OMG! That is funny. Way to be sneaky!

P.S. I don't have an iPod either. HA!

May 12, 2008 at 9:19 AM 


Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page





 



DSC_0014

My Wine Personality:
For the most part I’m a chardonnay, as I consider myself to exhibit a somewhat sunny and mellow disposition (most of the time), but because I find a tremendous amount of joy out of showering my two kids with hugs and kisses, I also possess the subtle sweetness often found in a riesling. But don’t be fooled. I love a great outdoor adventure and am willing to try anything once. This occasional display of boldness is thought to match that of a cabernet, whereas my appreciation for nature suggests that I have an earthy component to my personality—very characteristic of a merlot. (more)

 



“Wine rejoices the heart of man and joy is the mother of all virtues.”
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, 1771