What Did You Call Me?
Wednesday, May 14, 2008

We were hoping it might just be a phase, but it appears as though Wyatt no longer feels the need to refer to us as Mommy and Daddy. We're simply Mom and Dad now. At two and a half?!?! Isn't this just a little bit early? It's not like I want him calling us Mommy and Daddy forever, but geez...he just started talking for crying out loud. What I really want to tell him is this:

"Honey, once you start sleeping in your bed by yourself at night and pooping in the potty, then you've earned the right to call me Mom. Until then, it's Mommy. Got it?!?!"
I guess it could be worse. At least he's not calling me Catrina.






3 Comments:
Blogger Rachel had this to say:

They just grow up too fast, don't they? :) Spencer occasionally refers to us the same way, and if he hears Ryan calling to me, I become Rachel for awhile. But if I ask him what my name is, he says "Mommy Ryan Petersen!" Close enough. :)

May 14, 2008 at 3:47 PM 


Blogger Shelley had this to say:

So sad! I also had no idea they would start using Mom & Dad so early...Brayden has also started calling us that on and off just recently. I wonder where they learn this stuff??? We always say Mommy and Daddy.

May 14, 2008 at 7:46 PM 


Blogger Sweet Yet Sassy had this to say:

Tis sad indeed! :(

May 16, 2008 at 10:07 AM 


Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page





 



DSC_0014

My Wine Personality:
For the most part I’m a chardonnay, as I consider myself to exhibit a somewhat sunny and mellow disposition (most of the time), but because I find a tremendous amount of joy out of showering my two kids with hugs and kisses, I also possess the subtle sweetness often found in a riesling. But don’t be fooled. I love a great outdoor adventure and am willing to try anything once. This occasional display of boldness is thought to match that of a cabernet, whereas my appreciation for nature suggests that I have an earthy component to my personality—very characteristic of a merlot. (more)

 



“Wine rejoices the heart of man and joy is the mother of all virtues.”
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, 1771