Look Who's Puffing Down the Track. Why, It's...
Monday, June 30, 2008

THOMAS!
Mount Hood Railroad is currently hosting its annual "Day Out With Thomas" event, and wouldn't you know, we picked the absolute hottest weekend in Oregon to get tickets. I know, I know...I've been complaining for the past several months about the never-ending rain, and now I'm complaining about the heat. But really, if we didn't have the kids to worry about, it would be completely tolerable. We had temps in the 100's most of the weekend, and since most houses in Portland don't have air conditioning (including ours), you can't ever get much relief. But I made sure to crank up the air conditioning in the car on the way to see Thomas. I think Eric may have actually had icicles hanging from his eyelashes by the time we got there!

One of his favorite characters

Wyatt was a bit overwhelmed by all of the activities. He didn't know where to begin. Sir Topham Hatt was on-site greeting all of the excited kids, and there were various different train tables set up for all of the kids to explore, as well as a petting zoo, a couple of bouncy houses, and a miniature steam engine that took small groups for a ride around the track.

While not a huge fan of the smelly goats, he grew quite fond of the tortoise.

When it came time to board the train, Wyatt was excited--although he found the whole standing in line bit rather tedious! Wyatt and Eric rode the train while Avery and I picked up some Thomas goodies in the gift shop.


All Aboard!


It was such a fun event, and the best part is that unless you ride the train, it's a free community event. I think next weekend may be the last opportunity to spend the day with Thomas before he heads back to the Island of Sodor, so if you don't have plans for the holiday weekend, you may want to check it out.







2 Comments:
Blogger Courtney had this to say:

No air in 100 degree heat? You can complain ALL you want!

June 30, 2008 at 5:53 PM 


Blogger Starr had this to say:

Oregon is THE. COOLEST. STATE. EVER.

June 30, 2008 at 9:09 PM 


Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page





 



DSC_0014

My Wine Personality:
For the most part I’m a chardonnay, as I consider myself to exhibit a somewhat sunny and mellow disposition (most of the time), but because I find a tremendous amount of joy out of showering my two kids with hugs and kisses, I also possess the subtle sweetness often found in a riesling. But don’t be fooled. I love a great outdoor adventure and am willing to try anything once. This occasional display of boldness is thought to match that of a cabernet, whereas my appreciation for nature suggests that I have an earthy component to my personality—very characteristic of a merlot. (more)

 



“Wine rejoices the heart of man and joy is the mother of all virtues.”
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, 1771